Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Group website: http://www.co-op.co.uk
Author: Sarah Irving, Ethical Consumer
The fair trade movement has…improved the lives of some of the world’s poorest farmers. But recently – as much by accident as design – several new Fairtrade certifications and fair trade projects have tried to bring these benefits to producers in...
- Related stories: Ethical Consumer report on benefits & challenges of sourcing fair trade products from conflict zones
- Related companies: Boots (now Alliance Boots) Co-operative Group Sainsbury
Author: Co-operative Bank
The Co-operative Bank [part of Co-operative Group] has created a special $50 million fund in order to support the future development of small businesses in some of the world’s poorest countries. Here we follow Belma Gracankic, a Bosnian refugee who...
Author: Rebecca Smithers, Guardian
Organic chocolate maker Green & Black's [part of Cadbury] today pledged to switch its entire worldwide food and beverage range to Fairtrade by the end of next year, in a groundbreaking move that will make it the world's leading manufacturer of...
Stonewall’s sixth Workplace Equality Index, the basis for the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2010, is the definitive national benchmarking exercise showcasing Britain’s top employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) staff…The 25-question index survey...
- Related stories: UK: NGO Stonewall names 100 most gay friendly employers - IBM tops ranking
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Accenture American Express Aviva Barclays Co-operative Group Credit Suisse Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young Ford Goldman Sachs Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley National Grid PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Royal Bank of Scotland
Author: Ian Black, Guardian [UK]
Britain has acted to increase pressure on Israel over its West Bank settlements by advising UK supermarkets on how to distinguish between foods from the settlements and Palestinian-manufactured goods…[T]he new, voluntary guidance issued by the...
[PDF] UK and Irish supermarkets’ policies and practices regarding the sourcing of goods produced in Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories
Author: The Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility
Asda [part of Wal-Mart] [:]…Settlement products probably sourced…Co-operative supermarkets [:]…No Co-operative...products sourced from settlements…Dunnes Stores [:] Sourcing policy: Unknown…Marks & Spencer [:]...Does not stock any products from...
- Related stories: Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility engages with 11 British & Irish supermarkets to highlight concerns about Israeli settlement goods
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Co-operative Group John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Morrisons Sainsbury Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart
Author: Rachel Wilshaw & Helena Viñes Fiestas, Oxfam GB; Rachel Crossley & Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment; Neil Brown, Aviva; & Adam Ognall, UKSIF
This briefing note…summarise[s] the current state of play, from a development and an investment perspective, on labour issues in the supply chain [and]…canvass[es] how investor engagement on this topic could evolve …examining whether company...
Author: Charlotte Stevens, CardSmart
According to the bank, the Global Co-operative Development Fund, in collaboration with Deutsche Bank, is the first development fund for co-operatives...Head of structured and asset finance at the bank Richard Wilcox said: "Investing in co-operatives...