Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
- Related stories: Teamsters President Hoffa urges Coca-Cola CEO to resolve human rights issues in Guatemala & Colombia
- Related companies: Coca-Cola
Author: David Bacon, American Prospect
Author: Cheryl L. Wade, in University of Pittsburgh Law Review
In 1996, Texaco settled a class action alleging race discrimination for $176 million, and in 2000, Coca-Cola settled race discrimination litigation for $192.5 million...boards and executives breach their fiduciary duty of care owed to shareholders...
- Related stories: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re racial discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Texaco (part of Chevron)
Author: Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman, Multinational Monitor
[Abbott Laboratories, Argenbright Security, Bayer, Coca Cola, Enron, ExxonMobil, Philip Morris, Sara Lee, Southern Co. and Wal-Mart]
Litigation Update: A Summary of Recent Developments in U.S. Cases Brought Under the Alien Tort Claims Act and Torture Protection Act
Author: Jennifer Green [staff attorney at Center for Constitutional Rights] and Paul Hoffman [civil rights attorney and editor of ACLU International Civil Liberties Report], in ACLU International Civil Liberties Report 2001 [American Civil Liberties Union]
[includes updates on human rights-related lawsuits against Unocal, Chevron, Royal Dutch/Shell, Southern Peru Copper Corporation, Rio Tinto, Union Carbide, Pfizer, various U.S. apparel retailers & manufacturers of clothing produced in Saipan...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Chevron Coca-Cola Drummond DynCorp ExxonMobil Gap Pfizer Rio Tinto Shell Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Terry Collingsworth, Executive Director of International Labor Rights Fund, in ACLU International Civil Liberties Report 2001 [American Civil Liberties Union]
[includes reference to human rights-related cases in U.S. courts against Unocal, ExxonMobil, Coca-Cola, Fresh Del Monte Produce, DynCorp]
Author: David Bacon, Labor Advocate Online
[Colombia: regarding the case brought in U.S. court alleging Coca Cola, Panamerican Beverages & Bebidas y Alimentos were complicit in the assassination of Colombian union leaders]
Author: Amy Westfeldt, Associated Press
Two Johnson & Johnson employees have sued the health care giant, accusing it of paying its black and Hispanic workers less than white colleagues and failing to promote them despite a 4-year-old internal study that said it discriminated against...