Headquarters in USA
Comcast website: www.comcast.com
Is Your Money Where Your Heart Is? - The Truth About SRI [socially responsible investing] Mutual Funds
Author: Paul Hawken, Natural Capital Institute, in Dragonfly Media
...the international SRI (socially responsible investing) mutual fund industry...has no standards, no definitions, and no regulations...Anyone can join; anyone can call his or her fund an SRI fund. The term "socially responsible investing" is so broad...
Author: Adam Geller, Associated Press
U.S. corporate donations for tsunami relief in south Asia now top $302 million ([euro]230.48 million), including more than $110 million ([euro]83.95 million) in cash...In addition to cash, companies have pledged everything from medical supplies to...
Author: Joyzelle Davis, Rocky Mountain News
...EchoStar Communications Inc.'s proxy includes the question of whether the company's gay employees should be shielded from discrimination...EchoStar's board recommends that shareholders vote against the measure..."This does not mean that we don't...
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
The 25 Noteworthy Companies were close to making The 2006 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies list and all excel in at least one, and in most cases several, of the four areas we measure—CEO commitment, human capital, corporate communications and supplier...
- Related companies: Accenture AstraZeneca AT&T Comcast Cummins Eastman Kodak Edison International EMC Genentech Herman Miller Hyatt Kellogg's KeyBank KPMG McDonald's New York Life Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group Procter & Gamble Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Time Warner TXU Walmart Warner Bros. (part of Time Warner) Xerox
Author: Josephine Hearn, The Hill [USA]
When the Voting Rights Act (VRA) came before Congress this month, it enjoyed the vigorous backing of civil-rights advocates, social progressives and other familiar groups. The measure also attracted support from a surprising constituency: corporate...
Author: DiversityInc [USA]
[Companies in top 50 are, in order: Bank of America; Pepsi Bottling Group; AT&T; Coca-Cola; Ford; Verizon; Xerox; Consolidated Edison Co. of New York; JPMorgan Chase; PepsiCo; Wachovia; PricewaterhouseCoopers; Sodexho; Procter & Gamble; Blue...
- Related stories: USA: DiversityInc names "Top 50 Companies for Diversity" - top 5 are Bank of America, Pepsi Bottling Group, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Ford
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Allstate American Express AT&T Bank of America Bausch & Lomb Blue Cross Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Con Edison Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Darden Restaurants Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eastman Kodak Ernst & Young FedEx Ford General Mills General Motors Health Care Service HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeyBank Marriott Merck Novartis Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Sempra Energy Sodexo Sprint Nextel Starwood Hotels Time Warner Turner Broadcasting (part of Time Warner) Verizon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walmart Wells Fargo Xerox