Headquarters in USA
Comcast website: www.comcast.com
Author: Human Rights Watch
Leading corporate sponsors of the Olympics have yet to speak out strongly against the rights abuses linked to the preparations for the Sochi Winter Games, to be hosted by Russia in February 2014...Minky Worden... Human Rights Watch [said] “Sponsors...
- Related stories: Russia: Human Rights Watch urges Olympic sponsors to speak out against rights abuses related to Sochi Games preparations; includes responses from 8 firms including Coca-Cola, GE & Samsung
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Related companies: Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Coca-Cola Comcast Dow Chemical General Electric McDonald's NBCUniversal (part of Comcast) Omega Watches (part of Swatch) Panasonic Procter & Gamble Samsung Visa Inc.
Author: Paul M. Barrett, Bloomberg Businessweek
[A]rcane rules and jurisdictional statutes often determine the course of global commerce, the terms of employment for millions of workers, and the very nature of justice for many in corporate America. The 2012-13 high court session, which concluded...
- Related stories: Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: American Express Amgen Chiquita Cisco Systems Comcast ExxonMobil Rio Tinto Shell Travelers
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the following companies, teams and organizations to respond to…[human rights] concerns about the race. Below are the responses we have received, and an indication of which companies and organizations...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns Sponsors of Formula One "have been left squirming" after Bahrain Grand Prix goes ahead amid human rights concerns
- Related in-depth areas: Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012
- Related companies: Alpinestars Caterham Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth CVC Capital Partners Deutsche Post Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Ferrari Force India Formula One Group Hackett J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft NEC Petronas Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Shell UB Group Valentino Visa Inc. Vodafone Williams Companies
[PDF] Press Release - Bahrain Grand Prix: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Only 29% of firms linked to Formula One responded to Business & Human Rights Resource Centre about human rights concerns that various organizations raised relating to the Bahrain Grand Prix, scheduled for 20-22 April. Forty two companies or teams...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns
- Related in-depth areas: Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012
- Related companies: Acer adidas Alpinestars Casio Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth Daimler Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Force India Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) Hackett Hilton Hugo Boss Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase LVMH Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group NEC Petronas Philip Morris International Pirelli Procter & Gamble Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Santander Siemens Tata Group Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Time Warner UB Group Virgin Group Visa Inc. Vodafone
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Caleres (formerly Brown Shoe) Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Las ideas cristianas no tienen una buena acogida entre algunos de los gigantes de la informática e Internet. Así lo indica un informe de National Religious Broadcasters (NRB), de Virginia, Estados Unidos, que ha revelado ciertas irregularidades en la...
Author: PTI [India]
Veteran former Indian-American broadcaster Sue Manteris has filed a federal discrimination and harassment lawsuit against her former employer KSNV/Channel 3. Varanasi-born...Manteris, filed the lawsuit against station owner Valley Broadcasting Co,...