Materials by topic > Company policies & practices > Impact assessments
"Corporate responsibility to respect human rights" [PDF], summary report on consultation in Geneva, 4-5 Dec 2007
- "Corporate Duty to Respect Human Rights: Due Dilligence Requirements" [PDF] - background paper for Geneva consultation, by John F Sherman III, Deputy General Counsel, National Grid, 30 Nov 2007
Submission by Intl. Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM): Third submission to the Special Representative - "ICMM supports the development of additional practical measures to strengthen business & human rights outcomes" [PDF], Nov 2007
"Human rights impact assessments - resolving key methodological questions [PDF]" 5 Feb 2007 - companion report to UN Special Representative John Ruggie's 2007 report to UN Human Rights Council
tambièn disponible en español - haga click en "S"
aussi disponible en français - cliquez sur le "F"
"Human Rights Impact Assessments" [PDF], Discussion paper prepared for UN Special Representative John Ruggie, Jul 2006
- Feedback: Joint letter to John Ruggie proposing general principles on human rights impact assessments [DOC] - Diana Bronson, Rights & Democracy, also signed by 30 advocates, 24 Sep 2006
- Feedback: Joint letter to John Ruggie on human rights impact assessments & non-financial reporting [PDF] - David Schilling, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility; Alya Kayal & Bennett Freeman, Calvert Group; Adam Kanzer, Domini Social Investments (letter also signed by 47 other faith-based & socially responsible investors), 10 Oct 2006
- Feedback: Letter by International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF) regarding human rights impact assessments [DOC], 12 Jan 2007
Related stories and components
Ghana: Fishermen call for oil, gas sector to incorporate fisheries into environmental impact assessments
'Fishermen in W/R call for holistic Fisheries Impact Assessment', 22 Nov 2014: Fishermen in the Western Region have called for a comprehensive and separate Fisheries Impact Assessment in addition to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for...
- Related in-depth areas: Impact assessments