Guidance on human rights policies
- [PDF] "Guiding Principle 16: Policy Commitment" - in "Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights"
- Author: UN Special Representative on business & human rights
- [PDF] "Guide on How to Develop a Human Rights Policy"
- Author: United Nations Global Compact
- "Policies" - in "A guide for integrating human rights into business management"
- Author: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN Global Compact
- [PDF] "Letter from Mary Robinson to corporate CEOs regarding public commitments to human rights, 2009-10"
- Author: Mary Robinson, President, Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and President of Ireland
Related stories and components
Author: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact
This publication provides company managers and staff with essential knowledge of what human rights are and how they are relevant for business. It also outlines some key elements of what it means to respect and support human rights in practice. It is...
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance & Tools Guidance on human rights policies Guidance tools for business Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: 7-Eleven Abercrombie & Fitch Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Barneys Beowulf Mining Boeing Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Century Miracle Jordan Chinalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Chiquita Facebook First Quantum Minerals Ford Forever 21 Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) GEO Group Google (part of Alphabet) Hershey Hon Hai Hospira Hudbay Minerals Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Kroger L'Oreal LafargeHolcim Lonmin Lundbeck Lush Mars Microsoft Mylan Laboratories Nestlé Newmont PepsiCo Pfizer Qatar Airways Rio Tinto Skanska Standard Chartered Tahoe Resources Telenor Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone
[PDF] [Full text of Guiding Principles]: Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights: Implementing the United Nations “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework
Author: UN Special Representative on business & human rights John Ruggie
...[The] Guiding Principles are informed by extensive discussions with all stakeholder groups...Some of the Guiding Principles have been road-tested as well...Council endorsement of the Guiding Principles...will...[establish] a common global platform...