Explore categories within this category
- Company advances on human rights
- Steps to promote rights in wider society
Related stories and components
Short & long-term impacts of COVID-19 on garment supply chain workers should be mitigated by the big brands, says AFWA report
Author: Asia Floor Wage Alliance
“The emperor has no clothes: Garment supply chains in the time of pandemic -Issue: II”, May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Commentary: Digital consultations amid COVID-19 pandemic demonstrate investment-opportunism & risks indigenous communities’ survival
Author: Sam Szoke-Burke, Thomas Reuters Foundation
Community supervision of mineral prospecting in Tsumkwe District West, Namibia “Land and resource investment consultations in the time of COVID-19: The hazards of pressing on”, 24 May 2020 [T]he Phili...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest news on natural resources
Kenya: Study on how Covid-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted women working in the horticultural sector
Hivos recently conducted an assessment to establish the impact of Covid-19 on women workers in the horticulture sector. The study reveals that women have been disproportionately impacted, now doing more work for less. A majority of workers interviewed...
Author: Observatório da Mineração
“Investidores que controlam R$ 76 trilhões cobram a Vale e outras mineradoras a garantir a segurança de barragens”, 07 de maio de 2020...
- Related stories: Brasil: Church of England afirma que há um longo caminho antes de voltar a investir na Vale; o fundo vendeu suas ações após desastre de Brumadinho
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre recursos naturais
- Related companies: Vale
Author: El Espectador
“Acciones empresariales para enfrentar la emergencia por COVID-19” – 4 de mayo de 2020...
GBI & Clifford Chance explore growing calls for mandatory human rights due diligence & the effect of COVID-19
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights & Clifford Chance LLP
“Navigating the changing business and human rights legal landscape - from GBI and Clifford Chance”, 1 May 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: New types of protest, advocacy & demands from business-focused HRDs & groups
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Clifford Chance
Minderoo Foundation examines key risks COVID-19 presents for migrant & other vulnerable workers, & how business & govt. can mitigate risks
Author: Minderoo Foundation - Walk Free Initiative
“Protecting people in a pandemic: Urgent collaboration is needed to protect vulnerable workers and prevent exploitation”, April 2020...
- Related stories: Human rights guidance & tools for companies during COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers