Related stories and components
Kenya: Govt. investigations agency recommends prosecution of five banks for alleged complicity in loss of public funds
Author: Brian Ngugi, Business Daily (Kenya)
"DCI probe recommends charges on 5 top banks, officials over Sh8bn NYS fraud"...
Environmental campaigners say cocoa industry not meeting deforestation pledges in Ghana & Ivory Coast
Author: Ruth Maclean, The Guardian
"Africa cocoa industry failing on deforestation pledge - campaigners", 7 December 2018....
- Related stories: Cocoa industry linked to illegal deforestation in Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Natural resources (land, water, forests)
- Related companies: Olam
Author: Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
"An open letter from business to world leaders: "Be ambitious, and together we can address climate change" ", 29 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: Klimakonferenz COP24 in Katowice: Die Dimension Wirtschaft & Menschenrechte
- Related companies: ABB Accenture Acciona Allianz Arcadia Group Arup AXA BASF Bloomberg BT Capricorn Investment Group Carlsberg Breweries Dana Danfoss Deutsche Post Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Greentech Capital Advisors Heineken Hindustan Power HSBC Iberdrola Infosys JinkoSolar Holding Kaiser Permanente Kokusai Kogyo LafargeHolcim LeasePlan Lenzing LGT (Liechtenstein Global Trust) Maple Leaf Foods Natixis Orsted Pan American Silver Royal DSM Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Signify Suntory Beverage & Food Limited Suzlon Swiss Re Syngenta Teck Resources UBS Unilever Vestas Wind Systems Yara
Author: Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
"...In 2015, our coalition the Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders – an informal group, facilitated by the World Economic Forum, of major global businesses from a range of sectors – called on governments to reach an ambitious climate deal, aligned with th...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP24 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Accenture Acciona Allianz Arcadis Arup AXA BASF Bloomberg BT Capricorn Investment Group Carlsberg Breweries Dana Danfoss DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Greentech Capital Advisors Heineken Hindustan Construction Hindustan Power HSBC Iberdrola Infosys ING JinkoSolar Holding Kaiser Permanente Kokusai Kogyo LafargeHolcim LeasePlan Lenzing LGT (Liechtenstein Global Trust) Maple Leaf Foods Natixis Orsted Pan American Silver PWC Logistics Royal DSM Royal Philips Electronics Schneider Electric Signify Suntory Beverage & Food Limited Suzlon Swiss Re Syngenta Teck Resources UBS Unilever Vestas Wind Systems Yara
Author: Ghanaian Times
"Unilever creates livelihood opportunities for women", 19 November 2018....
- Related companies: Unilever
Tanzania: NGO urges Barrick Gold to address alleged human rights issues at subsidiary's mine ahead of proposed merger with Randgold, company responds
Rights and Accountability in Development has written to top executives at Barrick Gold and Randgold Resources ahead of the merger between the two companies, warning them about human rights abuses at Acacia Mining’s North Mara Gold Mine in Tanzania....
Kenya: Equity Bank dismisses employee for allegedly sexual harassing beneficiaries of bank's charity program
Author: James Kariuki, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Equity Bank top manager replaced over sexual harassment claim"...
Google CEO says tests of censored Chinese search engine turned out great and time has come to reevaluate decision to pull out from China
Author: Nitasha Tiku, Wired
"Google’s CEO Says Tests of Censored Chinese Search Engine Turned Out Great", 15 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: China: Human rights groups call on Google not to launch a censored search engine saying it would violate rights to expression & privacy; co. didn't respond
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Google (part of Alphabet)