Related stories and components
USA: Franchise workers to struggle to file lawsuits against parent company over labour abuse under new law
Author: Noam Scheiber, New York Times (USA)
"Labor Dept. Rule to Curb Lawsuits by Franchise Workers", 12 Jan 2020...
USA: Former senior Google employee claims he was pushed out after advocating for a company human rights policy; incl. company comment
Author: Nitaha Tiku, Washington Post
"A top Google exec pushed the company to commit to human rights. Then Google pushed him out, he says," 2 Jan 2020...
- Related stories: China: Human rights groups & employees call on Google not to launch censored search engine saying it would violate rights to expression & privacy
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet)
Author: Web-Manager Center
« L’inspection du travail dans les pays arabes est confrontée à des difficultés majeures (Experts) », 20 novembre 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Middle East & North Africa
Author: Sam Biddle, The Intercept
"Shutterstock employees fight company’s new Chinese search blacklist”, 7 November 2019...
Google's decision to remove Hong Kong protester game reportedly sparks internal debate among employees
Author: Business Insider
“Google's decision to remove a game that let users play as a Hong Kong protester has reportedly ignited a debate among employees”, 16 October 2019...
- Related stories: Google removes Hong Kong protester game for violation of app store policies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Apple Blizzard Entertainment Google (part of Alphabet)
Cathay Pacific whistle-blowing policy urging staff to ‘speak up’ under spotlight as Hong Kong employees fear possible reprisals for support of anti-government protests
Author: Danny Lee & Sum Lok-kei, South China Morning Post
In an internal memo… Cathay Pacific Airways has reminded its staff about its policy to speak up and act as “whistle-blowers” as a climate of fear grows among the airline’s employees about possible reprisals for their activities on social media…...
Author: Kris Cheng, Hong Kong Free Press
Airline Cathay Dragon has fired the chair of its flight attendant union Rebecca Sy after she allegedly posted messages of support for Hong Kong protesters on Facebook......