Profitability & human rights
Related stories and components
New book brings together successful human rights actors' responses in populist context, explores role of cos.
Author: César Rodríguez-Garavito and Krizna Gomez (eds.), Dejusticia
"Rising to the Populist Challenge: A new playbook for human rights actors", 06 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In late April 2018, 68 institutional investor groups that participate in the Investor Alliance for Human Rights called on companies to make commitments to protect human rights defenders... What prompted this group of investors to speak out on this...
Iran: Telegram shutdown denounced as unjustifiable restriction on freedom of expression & criticized for its damage to business
Author: Saeed Jalili, Al Jazeera (Qatar)
"Telegram shutdown sparks anger in Iran", 04 May 2018...
Indonesia: 71 percent of global consumers willing to pay more for socially or environmentally responsible brands
Author: Sheany, Jakarta Globe
"How Much Do CSR Programs Contribute to Society?", 27 April 2018...
Commentary: BlackRock CEO exhorts corporations to develop "social conscience"; yet finance sector still lags on social responsibility
Author: David Kinley, Open Democracy
"Finance struggles to find a social conscience", 15 April 2018...
Analysis shows that companies pay lower taxes than before the 2008 crisis, despite government efforts to reform the system
Author: Rochelle Toplensky, Financial Times
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
Author: Tom Foremski, ZDnet (UK)
"The uncertain activism of Silicon Valley CEOs," 01 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet) Salesforce.com
The B Team leader & former Nigerian finance minister calls on business & public sectors to stand together against attacks on freedoms
Author: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, The B Team (US)
"With Freedom at Stake, Business Cannot Afford to Stay Silent", 28 Feb 2018...
Extraterritorial detention contracting in Australia & the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Author: Brynn O'Brien
"Extraterritorial Detention Contracting in Australia and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights," 21 April 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Ferrovial