Profitability & human rights
Related stories and components
Commentary: Singapore's law to hold companies liable for transboundary environmental & health impacts of haze pollution
Author: Mahdev Mohan, Singapore Management University, on Business and Human Rights Journal
Commentary: Firms need to focus on what is “right” for society to address business-in-society issues; in-house lawyer role critical
Author: Ben W. Heineman, Jr., Harvard University, on ACC Docket (USA)
"GC’s Critical Public Policy Role in an Age of Upheaval", 22 Mar 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Jon Miller & Lucy Parker in Brunswick Review: spotlight on business & society, Brunswick Group (UK)
"Terms of the social contract", Apr 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Airbnb Amazon.com eBay Facebook H&M Intel Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) PayPal (part of eBay) Starbucks Tesla Motors Uber United States Steel
Commentary: Lawyer urges New Zealand business community to implement UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Author: Rebecca McAllum, via Human Rights Foundation
"Business and Human Rights", 7 Feb 2017...
Vigeo Eiris releases new study assessing how 3000 companies worldwide address four key areas of human rights
The human rights responsibilities of business in a changing world - 23 February 2017...
USA: 130 investors call on banks financing DAPL pipeline to address Sioux tribe's rights citing reputational & financial risks
Author: Boston Common Asset Management & 129 investors
"Investors Urge Banks to Support Re-routing Dakota Access Pipeline, Protect Water", 17 Feb 2017...
Leadership, leverage & solidarity by companies who support humans right defenders will pay long-term dividends, says Intl. Service for Human Rights
Author: Sarah Brooks, International Service for Human Rights (ISHR)
"Business can and should ally with those defending human rights", 1 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: adidas FMO