Statements by business people
Related stories and components
Daimler CEO criticizes right-wing activities of works council faction and says company stands for tolerance & respect
"For Tolerance and Respect – Against Racism and Discrimination", 31. Juli 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Daimler
Statement from VAUDE's CEO on the need for legal regulation of company human rights responsibilities
Author: Antje von Dewitz, VAUDE
In global value chains, sustainability is currently largely voluntary. This means that we have to accept that the products we use are manufactured under conditions in which people are exploited and environmental damage occurs. In addition, it places...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: Vaude
Switzerland: Debate intensifies around Initiative for responsible business conduct launched by NGO coalition
In April 2015, a coalition of Swiss civil society organizations launched a public initiative to hold Swiss companies to account for human rights abuses committed abroad. The initiative seeks mandatory human rights due diligence requirements for all Sw...
List of large businesses & associations with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 18 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Fazer Group Firmenich Heineken IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Rabobank Sampo Group Stora Enso Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
Australia: Finance CEOs support Uluru Statement recognising indigenous Australians in the constitution
Author: Elouise Fowler, Financial Review
"Finance gets behind the Uluru Statement", 23 May 2019...
On 7 February 2017, the lower house of the Dutch Parliament adopted a law introducing a duty of care to prevent child labour. The “Child Labour Due Diligence Law” requires companies selling goods and services to Dutch end-users to determine whether...