Company human rights policies referring to Universal Declaration of Human Rights
This list is not up to date. Please refer to our updated list of companies with human rights policies.
Related stories and components
Author: Americas Quarterly (US)
...The perils and promise of consulta previa…Across the Andes, resource-related conflict has increased over the past 10 years. [In this issue, Country Studies:] Peru… Chile…Guatemala [and] Colombia…[Articles:] Reducing the Financial Risk of Social...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Buenaventura Cementos Progreso Compañía General de Combustibles (part of Southern Cross) Goldcorp Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Montana Exploradora (part of Goldcorp) Newmont Perupetro Southern Cross Tahoe Resources
Author: Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
We believe that although governments have the primary duty to protect and ensure fulfillment of human rights, we have a responsibility to respect human rights and can play a positive role in the communities where we operate. While we generally are not...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. response to Business & Human Rights Resource Centre – Komnas HAM report
Author: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
…The company cooperated thoroughly with all Indonesian government investigations of the incident. The findings of the Department of Energy and Mineral Resources (DEMR) mine inspectors and the Government-appointed independent Special Committee were...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Tunnel collapses at Freeport-McMoRan’s mine in Papua, killing four workers & trapping dozens Komnas HAM allege company negligence in Indonesian miningoperations
- This is a response from the following companies: Freeport-McMoRan
…As an integral part of making its investment decision, the Company completed a rigorous and in-depth due diligence process…In addition to commercial and legal issues, the due diligence process included, among other things, a thorough review of human...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Coca-Cola's report submitted to the US Govt. under the Responsible Investment Reporting Requirements
- Related companies: Coca-Cola
Author: Deutsche Telekom
For the last 10 years, the Social Charter has defined Deutsche Telekom’s (DT) ethical and social principles. Now some changes and amendments have been made and affirmed by the entire Board of Management in order to better reflect recent developments...
- Related companies: Deutsche Telekom
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Latin America & the Caribbean over the past two years. The briefing refers to most countries in Latin America....
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its first Latin America & the Caribbean regional briefing Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador) Ford lawsuit (re Argentina) HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on Children Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Abbott Laboratories Aeroméxico Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) APM Terminals (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arcor Banco Castilla-La Mancha (CCM) Banco do Brasil Banco Espírito Santo Banco Itau Barrick Gold Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Bayer Benetton BHP Billiton BP Bridas Buenaventura Bunge CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Cargill Carlos Casado (part of Grupo Sanjose) Cementos Argos Cemex Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola FEMSA Codelco Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) Consórcio Norte Energia Corriente Resources Cosan Group Daimler Doe Run (part of Renco) Dole Drummond DuPont DynCorp EBX Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Ecopetrol Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Emgesa (part of Endesa) Endesa (part of Enel) Enel EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Excellon Resources FCC First Majestic Silver Ford Fortuna Silver Mines Forza (part of Securitas) Fresh Del Monte Produce Frito-Lay (part of PepsiCo) Gas Natural General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher GlaxoSmithKline Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp Gran Colombia Gold Grupo Eulen Grupo México Grupo Pellas Grupo Sanjose Grupo Vicini Heineken Hidro Santa Cruz (part of Hidralia Energia) Holcim HSBC HudBay Minerals Inditex Infinito Gold InverCaixa (part of La Caixa) Isagen Kappes, Cassiday & Associates Kinross Gold La Caixa La Nación Lafarge MAG Silver Maple Energy Mareña Renovables (joint venture Macquarie, Mitsubishi Corp. & PGGM) McDonald's Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Minera Cuzcatlan (part of Fortuna Silver) Minera Real Bonanza (part of First Majestic Silver) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Mitsubishi Group Monsanto Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) MPX (part of EBX) Muriel Mining Nestlé New Balance Newmont Nicaragua Sugar Estates Limited (NSEL) Nidera Nike Occidental Petroleum Pacific Rim Mining Pacific Rubiales Energy PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) PepsiCo Petrobras Petroperú Pfizer PGGM Philip Morris International Phillips-Van Heusen Piedra del Águila Pluspetrol Prodeco (part of Glencore) Radius Gold Refinor Renco Repsol Rio Blanco Copper (part of Monterrico Metals) Rio Tinto SABMiller Santander Seaboard Securitas Shell Sodexo Southern Cross Syngenta Tahoe Resources Teck Resources Telefónica Telmex Total Transocean Vale Vestas Wind Systems VF Corp Walmart Xstrata (now part of Glencore) YPF Zara (part of Inditex) Zijin