Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
India: Report by Peoples Inquest on deadly police response to protest against Vedanta's operations alleges malafide intent and murder
Author: Peoples Inquest into Thoothukudi Police Firing
"PRESS RELEASE: Evidence Suggests Malafide Intent and Murder, says Inquest Report into Thoothukudi Police Violence", 15 July 2018...
- Related stories: India: At least 10 people dead during protests against Vedanta's operations; co. responds
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Natural resources
- Related companies: Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
UK: Co's may be required to reveal ethnicity pay gap under govt. plans to assess whether mandatory reporting will help minorities at work
Author: BBC News
"Ethnicity pay gap: Firms may be forced to reveal figures", 11 Oct 2018...
Commentary: Columbian NAP allowed progress in business and human rights, but requires strengthening in conflict regions
Author: Germán Zarama, RightsasUsual
"The Colombian National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights: from Regional Milestone to Effective Local Implementation", 16 August 2018...
Scotland: Human Rights Commission invites submissions to undertake comparative study on development of NAPs in other countries; study to inform Scottish framework
Author: Scottish Human Rights Commission
"Research Tender: Business and Human Rights", 24 July 2018...