Support for initiatives promoting civil & political rights
Related stories and components
Somalia: Media houses call for accountability after recent attacks on journalists by govt. security agents
Author: Horn Observer (Somalia)
"Somali media fraternity condemns recent violations against media and journalists in Mogadishu and Beledhawo"...
Author: Stacey Knott, Voice of America (USA)
Experts warn there could be an increase in child labor in cocoa-growing African nations as incomes and enforcement suffer due to the coronavirus pandemic...Ghana and Ivory Coast produce about 60 percent of the world's cocoa, but both have long-standing...
"COVID-19: Jailed Human Rights Defenders Must Be Released Immediately", 08 Apr 2020...
Author: Mary Hui, Quartz
"Hong Kong police are using coronavirus restrictions to clamp down on protesters", 01 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Pillar Two compiles resources for companies & investors to navigate responsibility to respect human rights during COVID-19 pandemic
Author: Pillar Two
"Managing human rights risks during and after Covid-19", 02 Apr 2020...
- Related stories: Human rights guidance & tools for companies during COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Google, Apple, Amazon & 40 other companies sign open letter opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines (AMR) American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever
Author: Bennett Freeman, Chair of the Global Witness Advisory Board, in Business World
"Business and human rights", 08 Dec 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders