Support for initiatives promoting civil & political rights
Related stories and components
ABN AMRO's conference focuses on business role in improving situation of civic freedoms & human rights defenders
ABN AMRO, a leading Dutch bank, organized a conference entitled 'Civic Freedom and Human Rights Defenders: What Is the Role of Business?'. The event was organised in collaboration with the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre and International...
UK: Govt. releases guidelines on human rights defenders & outlines support to defenders working on business and human rights
Author: Government of the United Kingdom
"UK Support for Human Rights Defenders", 15 Jul 2019...
Video: How do businesses affect Human Rights Defenders & how could they support them and civic freedoms?
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre interviewed Human Rights Defenders from Singapore, Turkey, Kenya, Uganda and Zimbabwe - visiting defenders at The Centre for Applied Human Rights at the University of York. They shared their views on how...
Author: amfori - Trade with purpose (Belgium)
"Statement in Support of Human Rights Defenders", Jun 2019...
Colombia: Main coal export companies release a joint statement condemning death threats and attacks against Human Rights Defenders
Author: Drummond, CNR, Cerrejon Coal & Prodeco
“Joint Press Release from Coal Exporting Companies against Threats”- May 16, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Natural Resources Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Murray Energy Prodeco (part of Glencore)
Author: Brad Smith, Microsoft
"Tech that makes the world a witness to courtroom injustices across the globe", 25 Apr 2019...
- Related stories: Microsoft announces artificial intelligence powered project to help monitor unfair trials & create pressure on govts.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Microsoft