Support for initiatives promoting civil & political rights
Related stories and components
Colombia: Research by NGOs analyse business' strategies and engagement with peace-building initiatives
A series of research papers under their collaborative and learning project on peace-building related issues and business on Colombia, by CDA (Collaborative Learning Projects) and the Colombia-based FIP (Foundation Ideas for Peace) shows different...
7 telecommunications companies join Global Networks Initiative expanding global protection of freedom of expression & privacy rights
Author: Global Networks Initiative
"Global Network Initiative Adds Seven Companies in Milestone Expansion of Freedom of Expression and Privacy Initiative"...
Leadership, leverage & solidarity by companies who support humans right defenders will pay long-term dividends, says Intl. Service for Human Rights
Author: Sarah Brooks, International Service for Human Rights (ISHR)
"Business can and should ally with those defending human rights", 1 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: adidas FMO
Author: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact
This publication provides company managers and staff with essential knowledge of what human rights are and how they are relevant for business. It also outlines some key elements of what it means to respect and support human rights in practice. It is...
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance & Tools Guidance on human rights policies Guidance tools for business Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: 7-Eleven Abercrombie & Fitch Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Barneys Beowulf Mining Boeing Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Century Miracle Jordan Chinalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Chiquita Facebook First Quantum Minerals Ford Forever 21 Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) GEO Group Google (part of Alphabet) Hershey Hon Hai Hospira Hudbay Minerals Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Kroger L'Oreal LafargeHolcim Lonmin Lundbeck Lush Mars Microsoft Mylan Laboratories Nestlé Newmont PepsiCo Pfizer Qatar Airways Rio Tinto Skanska Standard Chartered Tahoe Resources Telenor Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone
“La ONU saluda que Pzizer prohíba el uso de sus fármacos para ejecuciones” 19 de Mayo de 2016...
- Related companies: Pfizer
The Global Network Initiative: how can companies in the information and communications technology sector respect human rights?
Author: Michael Samway, Yahoo! Inc.
Over the past two decades, companies in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector have designed, developed and distributed online tools that have allowed citizens across the globe to share information and communicate in unprecedented...
- Related companies: Yahoo! (part of Verizon)