Support for initiatives promoting development and economic/social rights
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Author: George Ngigi, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Equity Group sponsors 64 students to top US universities"...
Kenya: China Road & Bridge says its community projects including roads & boreholes positively impacting lives
Author: Dominic Omondi, Standard Digital (Kenya)
“SGR contractor bids to win hearts with projects along rail line”...
- Related companies: China Road & Bridge
Author: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact
This publication provides company managers and staff with essential knowledge of what human rights are and how they are relevant for business. It also outlines some key elements of what it means to respect and support human rights in practice. It is...
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance & Tools Guidance on human rights policies Guidance tools for business Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: 7-Eleven Abercrombie & Fitch Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Barneys Beowulf Mining Boeing Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Century Miracle Jordan Chalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Chiquita Facebook First Quantum Minerals Ford Forever 21 Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) GEO Group Google (part of Alphabet) Hershey Hon Hai Hospira Hudbay Minerals Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Kroger L'Oreal LafargeHolcim Lonmin Lundbeck Lush Mars Microsoft Mylan Laboratories Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp PepsiCo Pfizer Qatar Airways Rio Tinto Skanska Standard Chartered Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Telenor Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone
Indonesia: Govt. & private companies partner on forest fire prevention projects following last year’s massive fires
Last year's forest fires and resulting haze linked to the clearing of plantations reportedly resulted in economic losses of over $16 billion in Indonesia alone. The health and livelihood impacts also reached neighboring Malaysia and Singapore -- even...
Author: Jean Pierre Malou, Sud Quotidien (Sénégal)
"Financement de projets sociaux et infrastructures de base - 618 millions de Gold Corporation SA pour Kedougou", 8 juin 2016...
- Related companies: Teranga Gold
Author: Pius Rugonzibwa, Tanzania Daily News
"Improving Health Services Around Gold Mining Areas"...
- Related companies: Acacia (formerly African Barrick Gold)
Author: Jonah Nwokpoku, Vanguard (Nigeria) 28 July 2014
“Huawei invests N80m to empower African youth in ICT”...
- Related companies: Huawei Technologies
New good practice note endorsed by UN Global Compact Working Group: "Organizing the Human Rights Function within a Company"
Author: Rachel Davis & David Kovick (Shift), UN Global Compact
"Organizing the Human Rights Function within a Company: A Good Practice Noted endorsed by the United Nations Global Compact Human Rights and Labour Working Group on 15 May 2014", 15 May 2014...