Support for initiatives promoting development and economic/social rights
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
NGOs claim Tanzania govt. investigation has uncovered human rights abuses at Acacia's subsidiary; company denies allegations
International NGOs RAID and MiningWatch Canada allege that a parliamentary committee investigation has confirmed receiving reports of deaths and violence at Acacia Mining's subsidiary. Acacia Mining has denied the allegations.
Author: George Ngigi, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Equity Group sponsors 64 students to top US universities"...
Kenya: China Road & Bridge says its community projects including roads & boreholes positively impacting lives
Author: Dominic Omondi, Standard Digital (Kenya)
“SGR contractor bids to win hearts with projects along rail line”...
- Related companies: China Road & Bridge
Author: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact
This publication provides company managers and staff with essential knowledge of what human rights are and how they are relevant for business. It also outlines some key elements of what it means to respect and support human rights in practice. It is...
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance & Tools Guidance on human rights policies Guidance tools for business Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: 7-Eleven Abercrombie & Fitch Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Barneys Beowulf Mining Boeing Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Century Miracle Jordan Chinalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Chiquita Facebook First Quantum Minerals Ford Forever 21 Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) GEO Group Google (part of Alphabet) Hershey Hon Hai Hospira Hudbay Minerals Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Kroger L'Oreal LafargeHolcim Lonmin Lundbeck Lush Mars Microsoft Mylan Laboratories Nestlé Newmont PepsiCo Pfizer Qatar Airways Rio Tinto Skanska Standard Chartered Tahoe Resources Telenor Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone
Author: Jean Pierre Malou, Sud Quotidien (Sénégal)
"Financement de projets sociaux et infrastructures de base - 618 millions de Gold Corporation SA pour Kedougou", 8 juin 2016...
- Related companies: Teranga Gold
Author: Pius Rugonzibwa, Tanzania Daily News
"Improving Health Services Around Gold Mining Areas"...
- Related companies: Acacia (formerly African Barrick Gold)
Author: Jonah Nwokpoku, Vanguard (Nigeria) 28 July 2014
“Huawei invests N80m to empower African youth in ICT”...
- Related companies: Huawei Technologies