- Why private security companies are essential in post-conflict Iraq
Andy Bearpark, First Director General of British Association of Private Security Companies (BAPSC), 2 Mar 2008
- Peace Through Commerce eConference (Video)
Business Fights Poverty, 16 Mar 2009
- Development, Peace and Human Rights in Colombia: A Business Agenda
Lucy Amis, Adrian Hodges, Neil Jeffery, International Business Leaders Forum, in association with Fundación Ideas para la Paz, UN Global Compact, Jul 2006
- Conflict prevention must be the business of business leaders
Robert Davies, Chief Executive of The Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF), in Responsible business in the global economy: A Financial Times Guide, 23 Oct 2001
- The Business of Peace: The Private Sector as a Partner in Conflict Prevention and Resolution
Jane Nelson/ Prince of Wales Business Leaders Forum (now International Business Leaders Forum), International Alert, Council on Economic Priorities, 2000
- Business and human rights: The role of Business in weak governance zones
International Organisation of Employers (IOE), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC) to the OECD, Dec 2006 [In particular see paragraphs 11 to 19]
- IPOA Welcomes Montreux Agreement on Private Security Companies
International Peace Operations Association (IPOA), 17 Sep 2008
- Code of Conduct
International Peace Operations Association (IPOA)
- Human Rights and Ethics in the Oil and Gas Industry
International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA), Aug 2008
- Operating in areas of conflict - An IPIECA guide for the oil and gas industry
Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA), 24 Mar 2008
- Marks & Spencer Chooses Sri Lanka To Launch Its Apparel Eco-Factory Concept
Joint Apparel Association Forum, 15 Aug 2008
- Letter to Secretary Clinton Regarding Honduras
NIKE, The adidas Group, Gap, Knights Apparel, 27 Jul 2009
- Peace through business [Israel]
Idan Ofer on ynet.new.com, 7 Apr 2011
- Industry Statement
PASA, IPOA, BAPSC, 6 Jun 2009
- Beyond Conflict: Reconfiguring approaches to the regional trade in minerals from Eastern DRC
Harrison Mitchell and Nicholas Garrett, Resource Consulting Services, 1 Sep 2009
Related stories and components
Author: Idan Ofer on ynet.news.com
Those who honestly discuss peace cannot remove from the equation the immense standard of living gap between the two economies. [In Israel], we have a flourishing economy that keeps growing and approaching Western levels. Only a few kilometers away we...
Author: Harrison Mitchell and Nicholas Garrett, Resource Consulting Services
In April 2009 we published…an in-depth analysis of the link between the mineral trade (tin, tungsten and tantalum) and conflict and development dynamics in Eastern DRC…This follow-up paper takes a holistic view of the regional trade in minerals from...
- Related stories: BBC report on how companies sourcing minerals mined in Dem. Rep of Congo could be fuelling violence
- Related in-depth areas: Business Democratic Republic of Congo
Author: NIKE, The adidas Group, Gap, Knights Apparel
Dear Secretary Clinton: As companies that have products made in Honduras, we are deeply concerned about recent events in that country. We understand that serious disagreements exist between the elected President, Congress and the Supreme Court, but...
Author: PASA, IPOA, BAPSC
Mindful of the Montreux Document which focused on the obligations of states and situations of armed conflict, and following discussions at the Nyon conference, the industry representatives now present at the conference consider it time to pursue and...
- Related stories: Preparatory materials & info re conference on intl. code of conduct for private military & security companies
- Related in-depth areas: Business
Author: Business Fights Poverty
This eConference will explore the contribution that responsible business and economic development can make towards building peace. Watch the video presentations and join the world-wide discussion with international experts.
Author: International Peace Operations Association
The International Peace Operations Association (IPOA) welcomes the international agreement on the “Montreux Document on Pertinent International Legal Obligations and Good Practices of State Related to Operations of Private Military and Security...
- Related in-depth areas: Business Montreux Document - a process aimed at governments
Author: Joint Apparel Association Forum
The Garments Without Guilt campaign, launched by Sri Lanka Apparel, focuses on ethically-made clothing--meaning free of child labour, free of sweatshop conditions and free of forced labour--but they know that being ethical goes hand-in-hand with being...
Author: International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
This report summarizes IPIECA activities on human rights and ethics, and highlights related efforts by IPIECA oil and gas member companies. These efforts are illustrated by representative case studies and related industryled partnership projects…Case...
Author: Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
The purpose of this Guide is to provide, in a simple and accessible format, basic guidance on risk assessment and risk management in conflict settings that oil and gas companies might face. These include conflicts between companies and local...
Author: Andy Bearpark, First Director General of British Association of Private Security Companies (BAPSC)
In post-conflict situations...Private Security Companies (PSCs) have become a sine qua non to support the reconstruction process...potential local providers of security...are frequently unable to meet basic standards of accountability...International...