Other authors, including governments
Other authors, including governments
- Avis sur le projet de loi tendant à l’élimination des armes à sous-munitions [France]
Commission nationale consultative des droits de l’homme (CNCDH), 15 avril 2010
- Human Rights and the Financial Sector
Danish Institute for Human Rights, 15 Apr 2010
- Decision Map: Doing Business in High-Risk Human Rights Environments
Danish Institute for Human Rights, 18 Feb 2010
- Complicity in Human Rights Violations: A Responsible Business Approach to Suppliers
Margaret Jungk, Human Rights & Business Programme, Danish Institute for Human Rights, 2006
- Procès contre les sociétés Alstom et Véolia
Délégation générale de Palestine en France, 22 octobre 2007
- EC Chairmanship of the Kimberley Process: From conflict diamonds to prosperity diamonds
European Commission External Relations, 25 Jan 2007
- Public Aid Policies and Private Sector Participation in Post-war Reconstruction Processes and Promoting Development
Carlos Fernández García, Juan Rial Roade, Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE), 15 Apr 2009
- Las políticas públicas de cooperación y la participación del sector empresarial en los procesos de reconstrucción post- bélica y la promoción del desarrollo
Carlos Fernández García, Juan Rial Roade, Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE), 15 abril 2009
- Private Sector Development in (Post-) Confict Situations Guidebook
German Technical Cooperation, 2008
- Report from conference on "Business and human rights in Colombia: Macro trends, micro realities and ways forward", Global Business Initiative on Business and Human Rights, October 2010
- Release of IPT (Indian People's Tribunal) Report on Kashipur: An Enquiry into Mining and Human Rights Violations in Kashipur, Orissa
Indian People's Tribunal on Environment & Human Rights, 14 Oct 2006
- The Private Sector, Peacebuilding, and Economic Recovery. A Challenge for the UNPBA
Rettberg, Angelika, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs, 4 Feb 2010
- Empowering commercial actors: Outsourcing of humanitarian and development services in international peace operations and post-war settings
Norwegian Institute of International Affairs, 18 Dec 2008
- Oil, Profits, and Peace: Does Business Have a Role in Peacemaking?
Jill Shankleman, consultant & former Senior Fellow, US Institute of Peace, 12 Apr 2007
- Opening speech - "Business & Conflict: Red Flags: Corporate respect for human rights in high risk zones"
Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Swiss Govt. 30 Apr 2009
Related stories and components
Author: Danish Institute for Human Rights
The Danish Institute for Human Rights is pleased to announce the release of ‘Values Added: The Challenge of Integrating Human Rights in the Financial Sector.’ The report outlines the challenges and potential for integrating human rights concepts to the...
Author: Commission nationale consultative des droits de l’homme (CNCDH) [France]
La Commission nationale consultative des droits de l’homme (CNCDH) tient à saluer la ratification par la France de la Convention sur les armes à sous-munitions, dite Convention d’Oslo, qui concourt au respect des règles du Droit international...
Author: Human Rights and Business Project, Danish Institute for Human Rights
This brochure aims to help companies systematically assess the human rights environments in which they do business and decide whether local conditions preclude positive impacts and make negative impacts inevitable…The purpose of this brochure is to...
[PDF] Opening speech - "Business & Conflict: Red Flags: Corporate respect for human rights in high risk zones"
Author: Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Swiss Govt.
It is a pleasure for me to welcome you today to this important event marking the launch of the Red Flags Guidelines. The launch will be followed by a discussion on the subject of corporate respect for human rights in high risk zones. It will focus on...
Author: Délégation générale de Palestine en France
L’Organisation de Libération de la Palestine (O.L.P.)…vient de décider d’intervenir au procès engagé contre les sociétés Alstom et Véolia Transport par l’Association France Palestine Solidarité devant le Tribunal de Grande Instance de Nanterre aux fins...
- Related stories: France: Palestinians sue two companies, arguing Jerusalem railway breaches 4th Geneva convention
- Related in-depth areas: Other authors, including governments Transports
- Related companies: Alstom Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)
Author: Jill Shankleman, consultant & former Senior Fellow, US Institute of Peace
With the growing awareness of the socio-economic consequences of their investments, what do Western oil companies need to do to prevent conflict, limit environmental damage, and enhance the chances of sustaining both profits and peace in areas where...
Author: European Commission External Relations
[T]he Kimberley Process needs to remain vigilant against rebel movements using diamonds to threaten peace and prosperity…The European Community will serve as Kimberley Process Chair during 2007. It intends to contribute actively to the fight against...
[PDF] Release of IPT [Indian People's Tribunal] Report on Kashipur: An Enquiry into Mining and Human Rights Violations in Kashipur, Orissa
Author: Indian People's Tribunal on Environment & Human Rights
An eight member multidisciplinary panel of the Indian People’s Tribunal headed by Justice S. N. Bhargava (Former Chief Justice Sikkim High Court) enquired into alleged human rights and environment violations created by a bauxite-mining project proposed...
- Related stories: Indian People's Tribunal raises serious human rights & environmental concerns about proposed Uktal bauxite mine in Orissa (joint venture Hindalco & Alcan)
- Related in-depth areas: Environment - An introduction Health - an introduction India Indigenous peoples - an introduction Other authors, including governments
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Vedanta Resources
Author: Margaret Jungk, Human Rights & Business Project, Danish Institute for Human Rights
Danish companies recognize their duty not only to be good human rights actors themselves, but also to make sure that they act responsibly with regard to human rights issues raised in the context of their suppliers. But exactly what that responsibility...