Israel & Palestine
Related stories and components
[PDF] Principles and Mechanisms to Hold Business Accountable for Human Rights Abuses: Potential Avenues to Challenge Corporate Involvement in Israel's Oppression of the Palestinian People
Author: Yasmine Gado, BADIL Resource Center
One of the most important legal challenges today is the battle to hold transnational corporations (TNCs) accountable for their involvement in human rights violations. Efforts are currently being made by a variety of actors in what is referred to as...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Ahava Alstom Caterpillar Chevron Connex (part of Veolia Environnement) Dexia Drummond Elbit Systems Fidelity Investments General Motors Lev Leviev Group Motorola Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Yahoo!
Author: Aasa Christine Stoltz & Wojciech Moskwa, Reuters
Norway's sovereign wealth fund has sold its stake in Israeli company Elbit Systems because it supplied surveillance equipment for the separation barrier in the West Bank. The $400 billion-plus…fund…has in the past ruled out investing in some two dozen...
- Related stories: Norway's sovereign fund divests from Elbit for "contributing to violations of humanitarian law" by supplying equipment for West Bank separation barrier
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine
- Related companies: Elbit Systems
Author: Paul Wozniak, Watson Institute
Guy Ben-Porat of the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev…argued that in the Middle East the relationship between business and the peace process is…complicated…Among the problems…are businesses’ inability to collectively organize and changing levels of...
Author: Campagne Civile Internationale pour la Protection du Peuple Palestinien
...février 2007, l’Association France Palestine Solidarité (AFPS) a fait assigner les Sociétés Veolia Transport et Alstom devant le Tribunal de Grande Instance de Nanterre afin de faire reconnaître le caractère illicite [de leur] contrat...avec le...
Author: La Tribune [France]
Trois multinationales et une PME françaises ont été dénoncées sur le site de l’Association France Palestine solidarité (AFPS) pour avoir tiré économiquement profit de la colonisation de la Cisjordanie par Israël. «La banque franco-belge Dexia finance...
Author: Maala - Business for Social Responsibility [Israel]
Maala's annual conference is the primary forum for discussion of CSR [Corporate Social Responsibility] in Israel...[and] topics will include: How to preserve the values of the firm during an economic crisis?...Can sustainability be a basis for a...
- Related stories: Israel: Maala's conference on Corporate Social Responsibility - Tel Aviv, 28 Oct
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine
Author: Kav LaOved [Israel]
In October 2007, in a precedent-setting ruling, a nine judges panel of the High Court of Justice ruled unanimously that Israeli labour laws applied equally to Israeli employers and their Palestinian West Bank workers, ‘unless the parties decide...
- Related stories: Israel/West Bank: Cases of employers' lack of compliance with High Court ruling extending labour rights to Palestinian workers
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Labour - an introduction Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Avgi Morris Carpenters
Private Security Companies in the OPT [Occupied Palestinian Territories]: An International Humanitarian Law Perspective
Author: Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research
[T]his paper focuses on providing humanitarian practitioners with a clear understanding of the legal framework available for protecting civilians in the context of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, as well as the legal regime applicable to key players...
Author: US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation
The US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation...launch[es] [the] newest corporate accountability campaign—“Hang Up on Motorola”. Under international law, all corporations have obligations to uphold, respect and protect fundamental human rights....
- Related stories: US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation calls on Motorola to stop providing products used in "Israel’s illegal military occupation and human rights violations”
- Related in-depth areas: Complicity - an introduction Israel & Palestine NGO Technology and telecommunication
- Related companies: Motorola
Author: Adri Nieuwhof in The Electronic Intifada
According to a spokesperson from the Association of Forty, the unrecognized Bedouin Arab villages Atir and Um Hayran in the Naqab (Negev) were aggressively attacked on Monday...25 June 2007 by more than 1,500 Israeli soldiers...Hussein al Rafay'a,...
- Related stories: Israel: Volvo bulldozers photographed in destruction of Bedouin Arab villages - US church group urges divestment
- Related in-depth areas: Construction & engineering Israel & Palestine
- Related companies: Volvo Group