Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Amnesty International
...[Discrimination] continues to be one of the most serious obstacles to the return of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). This report focuses on the continuing discrimination against workers from ethnic minorities, including in equal...
- Related stories: Bosnia & Herzegovina: Amnesty Intl. report finds widespread employment discrimination is obstacle to return of refugees - refers to Aluminij, New Ljubija Mines (joint venture Mittal Steel & RŽR Ljubija)
- Related in-depth areas: Bosnia & Herzegovina NGO Racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: Aluminij ConocoPhillips DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Fiat Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Vitinka
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The table below lists a range of human rights issues for business. For each issue, it provides an example of a positive company initiative and an example of an alleged abuse....
- Related stories: Institute for Corporate Culture Affairs launches handbook on corporate social responsibility -- includes chapters by Sir Geoffrey Chandler and about initiatives by Alcoa, Bertelsmann, Body Shop, BT, Calvert Group, Canon, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank,...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories adidas Aker Kvaerner Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Archer Daniels Midland Ballarpur Industries Barratts Bayer Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP Bristol-Myers Squibb CACI Cargill Carrefour Casino Caterpillar Cemex Children's Place Cisco Systems Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Cotton Group De Beers Dell Deutsche Bank Doe Run (part of Renco) DuPont EDF Eskom ExxonMobil Fluor Gap Gilead Sciences Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) GlaxoSmithKline Grupo Nueva H&M Hess Corporation Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IBM IKEA Inditex ING Intel J.C. Penney Kader Levi Strauss MAC Cosmetics (part of Estée Lauder) Marathon Oil Mattel Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Microsoft Morgan Stanley Nestlé New Wave Group Newman's Own Nike Pentland Group Procter & Gamble Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Riggs Bank (now part of PNC Financial Services) Rio Tinto Roche Royal Philips Electronics SC Johnson Sears Sony Starbucks Statoil Stella International [Taiwan] Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Texaco (part of Chevron) Thames Water (part of RWE) Titan (now L-3 Titan) UBS Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) Virgin Blue (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Volkswagen Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
Author: Amnesty International
[refers to Chevron, Shell, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, ENI, ConocoPhillips)]
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Nigeria: Amnesty Intl. finds new evidence of human rights violations in oil-rich delta - calls on Chevron, Shell to address their roles in Feb 2005 killings
- Related companies: Chevron ConocoPhillips Eni Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell
Author: Jean-Christophe Peuch, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
BP leads the international consortium... Other consortium members include Azerbaijan’s State Oil Company [State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR)]; Turkish Petroleum; Unocal [part of Chevron], ConocoPhillips, and Amerada Hess of the United States;...
- Related stories: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline inaugurated among lingering concerns over effects on environment & poverty
- Related companies: BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Eni Hess Corporation INPEX Itochu State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Statoil Total Turkish Petroleum (TPAO) Unocal (part of Chevron)
[PDF] full report: "Business for Development - Business solutions in support of the Millennium Development Goals"
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development
[includes case studies on Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Holcim, GrupoNueva, EDF, Philips, Vodafone, SC Johnson, Rio Tinto, BP, Eskom, Rabobank, ConocoPhillips]
Author: Save the Children UK
[donne un classement de 25 entreprises: Amerada Hess, BP, ChevronTexaco (Chevron), CNPC, ConocoPhillips, Devon Energy, Eni, ExxonMobil, Lion Energy, Lukoil, Nexen, Norsk Hydro, Paladin Resources, PetroChina, Petronas, Premier Oil, Repsol YPF, Santos,...
- Related stories: full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Company performance in the oil and gas industries"
- Related companies: BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Lion Energy Lukoil Nexen Norsk Hydro Paladin Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Premier Oil Repsol YPF Santos Shell Talisman Total TransAtlantic Petroleum Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Yakubu Lawal, Sulaiman Salau & Kelvin Ebiri, Guardian [Nigeria]
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) and its partners have extended the gas flare date by one year. Instead of the 2008 target, the company said that it would achieve the goal in their area of operations in the Niger-Delta by 2009.....
Author: Tony Carnie, Mercury [So. Africa]
According to Oyi [Chimela Oyi, Chairman of Youth Committee in Oshie, Nigeria], the villagers were pleased at the arrival of the Nigeria Agip Oil Company, which is jointly owned by the government [Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)], Agip,...