Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Salil Tripathi, Amnesty International, interviewed by Joe De Capua, Voice of America
Amnesty says [its new report] examines how human rights have been abused [in the Niger Delta] because of the practices of some oil companies...From London, [researcher Salil Tripathi] spoke...to Africa reporter Joe De Capua about allegations brought...
Author: Amnesty International
The report examines how the human rights of individuals and communities have been abused as a result of practices of some transnational corporations (TNCs) and violated by the inactions and actions of the Nigerian Federal Government in the Niger Delta...
A new report, "Fooling Investors and Fooling Themselves" identifies aggressive accounting and asset management tactics that can lead to environmental accounting fraud. [refers to Halliburton, Dow, Kaiser Aluminum, Honeywell, Monsanto, Tosco, BP,...
[USA] Environmentalists and a labor union have sued to stop ConocoPhillips Co. from expanding two Los Angeles-area refineries, saying the company and region's air quality agency ignored evidence that the project will spew toxic emissions into already...
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips
[PDF] full report: "FTSE4Good Index series - Criteria development and company engagement programme 2003-2004"
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- Related stories: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Related companies: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Statoil Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
Author: Global Witness
[refers to ChevronTexaco, ExxonMobil, Elf (now Total), Total, Likouala S.A., Agip (part of ENI), BP, Occidental Petroleum, Shell, Norsk Hydro, ConocoPhillips, SNPC, Mercator, Riggs Bank]
- Related stories: New report by Global Witness looks at secrecy surrounding revenues paid to govts. by oil & mining companies, & how this contributes to poverty
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro Occidental Petroleum Shell Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC) Total
Oil and gas industry face record number of global warming shareholder resolutions at wider range of firms
One or more resolutions have been filed at each of the following North American oil and gas companies: ExxonMobil; ChevronTexaco; Marathon; Anadarko; Apache; Devon; Imperial; Petro Canada; Unocal; and Valero. Shareholders are also in dialogue with...
Author: Tamara Bekefi, independent working paper commissioned by Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
This paper examines the practical ways in which the oil and gas sector has been grappling with human rights in its day-to-day operations. [refers to BP, Shell, Anglo American, ChevronTexaco, Conoco Phillips, ExxonMobil, Norsk Hydro, Newmont, Rio Tinto...