Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Global Witness
[refers to ChevronTexaco, ExxonMobil, Elf (now Total), Total, Likouala S.A., Agip (part of ENI), BP, Occidental Petroleum, Shell, Norsk Hydro, ConocoPhillips, SNPC, Mercator, Riggs Bank]
- Related stories: New report by Global Witness looks at secrecy surrounding revenues paid to govts. by oil & mining companies, & how this contributes to poverty
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Occidental Petroleum Shell Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC) Total
Oil and gas industry face record number of global warming shareholder resolutions at wider range of firms
One or more resolutions have been filed at each of the following North American oil and gas companies: ExxonMobil; ChevronTexaco; Marathon; Anadarko; Apache; Devon; Imperial; Petro Canada; Unocal; and Valero. Shareholders are also in dialogue with...
Author: Tamara Bekefi, independent working paper commissioned by Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
This paper examines the practical ways in which the oil and gas sector has been grappling with human rights in its day-to-day operations. [refers to BP, Shell, Anglo American, ChevronTexaco, Conoco Phillips, ExxonMobil, Norsk Hydro, Newmont, Rio Tinto...
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips
Author: Svetlana Tsalik, Caspian Revenue Watch, Open Society Institute
[This report] calls for greater accountability, transparency, and public oversight in the oil and natural gas industries of Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. It urges foreign oil companies, their home governments, and international financial institutions to...
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Attila Dogan BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation INPEX JAPEX Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Mitsui Moncrief Oil OIEC Repsol YPF Shell Statoil Unocal (part of Chevron) Wintershall
Author: Dennis C. Blair & David L. Phillips, Council on Foreign Relations
Report of an Independent Commission Sponsored by the Council on Foreign Relations...
Author: Washington Office on Latin America
[PDF] The Bush Administration's pipeline protection plan aims to train, equip and assist two elite Colombian army battalions of up to 800 soldiers to shield the first 75 miles of the 48-mile Caño Limón-Coveñas oil pipeline...Colombia's state oil...
Author: JoKay Dowell, Indian Country Today [USA]
Feeling trapped and overwhelmed by industry and environmental contamination, a diverse group of about 150 people rallied recently in a walking "toxic tour" of the major industrial facilities adjoining tribal lands...the group's major environmental...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 26 February 2008 Kivalina, a Native Alaskan village of approximately 390 Inupiat residents, launched a federal lawsuit in California aimed at oil, coal and power companies. The plaintiffs argue that the defendants’ contribution to global warming...
- Related stories: Kivalina lawsuit (re global warming)
- Related companies: AES American Electric Power Berkshire Hathaway BP Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) ConocoPhillips DTE Energy Duke Energy Edison International ExxonMobil MidAmerican Energy (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Mirant NRG Energy Peabody Energy Pinnacle West Capital Reliant Energy Shell Southern Company Xcel Energy
Author: Neil Chatterjee, Reuters
The UK's energy sector comes out near the top of the class for improved environmental business performance in Britain but is still responsible for serious pollution, the country's Environment Agency said this week. [refers to fines on Magnox Electric...