Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights Plenary today announced it will open participation to more extractives companies, non governmental organizations (NGOs) and host governments. Since the launch of the Voluntary Principles in 2000, a...
Author: Political Economy Research Institute (PERI), Univ. of Massachusetts [USA]
Researchers at the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI) at the University of Massachusetts today released the Toxic 100, an updated list of the top corporate air polluters... James K. Boyce, director of PERI's environment program [said] "We...
- Related stories: USA: Univ. of Massachusetts research institute releases list of top 100 corporate air polluters - top 10: DuPont, US Steel, ConocoPhillips, GE, Kodak, ExxonMobil, Ford, Tyson, Alcoa, ADM
- Related companies: Alcoa Archer Daniels Midland ConocoPhillips DuPont Eastman Kodak ExxonMobil Ford General Electric Tyson United States Steel
Author: Political Economy Research Institute (PERI), Univ. of Massachusetts [USA]
1. E. I. Du Pont de Nemours [DuPont], 2. United States Steel , 3. ConocoPhillips, 4. General Electric , 5. Eastman Kodak, 6. Exxon Mobil, 7. Ford , 8. Tyson Foods, 9. Alcoa, 10. Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), 11. Dow Chemical, 12. Eastman Chemical, 13....
- Related companies: 3M AES AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allegheny Technologies Altria Ameren American Electric Power Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Ball Corp. BD (Becton, Dickinson) Berkshire Hathaway Boeing Brunswick Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Crown Holdings Dana Danaher Delphi Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak El Paso Energy Emerson Electric Engelhard (part of BASF) Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul FirstEnergy Ford General Electric General Motors Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Goodrich Goodyear Great Lakes Chemical Harley-Davidson Heartland Industrial Partners Hercules Hess Corporation Honeywell ICI Illinois Tool Works International Paper John Deere Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Lear Leggett & Platt Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil MeadWestvaco Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Northrop Grumman Nucor Occidental Petroleum Owens Corning Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Plum Creek PPG Praxair Premcor (part of Valero Energy) Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Reliant Energy Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rowan Companies Shaw Group Smurfit-Stone Southern Company Stanley Works Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) TECO Energy Temple-Inland Tesoro Textron Tyco Tyson United States Steel United Technologies Valero Energy Visteon Weyerhaeuser Xcel Energy
Author: Bill Baue, SocialFunds.com
Lists are playing an increasing role in defining and driving corporate sustainability and responsibility (CSR)...the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI)...launched the "Toxic 100"...Instead of applauding best practice, as the other lists do,...
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
ExxonMobil shareholders voted today with record support for a resolution to add "sexual orientation" to the company's written equal employment opportunity policy. The percentage of shares voted in favor of the proposal has grown each of the last seven...
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders Group BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI (part of Verizon) McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
Author: Yereth Rosen & Robert Campbell, Reuters
Oil producer BP began shutting down on Sunday the biggest oilfield in the United States, Alaska's Prudhoe Bay, after discovering a damaged pipeline...Prudhoe Bay is operated by a BP-led group that includes oil majors ConocoPhillips and Exxon Mobil Corp...