Headquarters in USA
Consol Energy website: www.consolenergy.com
Groups Demand New Environmental Assessment of Massive Open-Pit Coal Mine on Doorstep of Jasper National Park
Author: Sierra Legal Defence Fund
A coalition of conservation groups announced that they are challenging the federal government’s failure to do an adequate environmental assessment of a massive coal mine development underway near Jasper National Park, Alberta. The groups argue that the...
Author: Douglas G. Cogan, Investor Responsibility Resource Center, for Ceres
This report is the first comprehensive measurement of how 100 leading global companies are preparing and positioning themselves to face these challenges [from climate change]. It pays particular attention to the job that corporate executives and board...
- Related stories: Ceres ranks 100 global companies on climate change strategies - BP, DuPont receive top scores, while Newmont, ExxonMobil, Sempra Energy & Nissan lag
- Related companies: ABB Abitibi-Consolidated AES Air France KLM Air Products Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Altria American Electric Power Anadarko Anglo American Apache Arch Coal Archer Daniels Midland BASF Bayer BHP Billiton BMW BP Bunge Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Devon Energy Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Ford Foundation Coal FPL Group General Electric General Mills General Motors Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Goldman Sachs Hess Corporation Hitachi Honda ICI International Paper John Deere JPMorgan Chase Marathon Oil MeadWestvaco Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Murphy Oil Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nippon Steel Nissan Nucor Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy PepsiCo PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PPG Praxair Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Rio Tinto Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Tesoro Total Toyota TXU Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UPS Valero Energy Volkswagen Weyerhaeuser Williams Companies Xcel Energy
TXU, Exxon Mobil Among 10 'Climate Watch' Companies Targeted by Investors - US Companies Face Record Number of Global Warming Resolutions
A group of leading US investors today announced the formation of a Climate Watch List, a list of 10 companies that have been identified as lagging behind their industry peers in their responses to climate change. As part of this effort, investors have...
- Related companies: ACE Group Allegheny Energy Ameren Anadarko Arch Coal Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Centex Chevron Chubb Group ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Costco CVS D.R. Horton Dominion Resources EOG Resources ExxonMobil Ford General Motors Hartford Financial Services Kroger Massey Energy (part of Alpha Natural Resources) Prudential Financial Pulte Homes (part of PulteGroup) Sempra Energy Southern Company Standard Pacific (now CalAtlantic Group) Starwood Hotels Teradyne Toll Brothers TXU Ultra Petroleum Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Author: Matthew Dalton, Wall Street Journal
U.S. coal miners sit at the crossroads of worker safety and the environment -- two major public-policy issues that pose threats to the industry as a whole, but offer opportunities for individual companies that can adapt. Increasing scrutiny of the...
Author: Associated Press
Bank of America says it will phase out financing of coal companies that predominantly use destructive mountaintop removal mining practices, citing concern for the environment. But the policy, buried in the company's Web site this week and barely...
- Related stories: Bank of America says it will phase out financing of coal companies using mountaintop removal practices - reactions from business, NGOs
- Related companies: Alpha Natural Resources Arch Coal Bank of America Consol Energy International Coal Group Massey Energy (part of Alpha Natural Resources)
Author: Green America
Shareholders are taking the lead in convincing companies to take action on the climate crisis. If you own stock in one of the companies listed below, be sure to vote your proxies in favor of increased action to protect the climate. [refers to Alpha...
Our exclusive environmental ranking of America's 500 largest corporations. [Top 5: HP, Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, IBM]
- Related stories: Newsweek publishes "Green Rankings" - largest 500 US firms ranked on climate change efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Techsystems Allstate Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Analog Devices Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beckman Coulter Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club Boeing BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Bunge Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carnival Caterpillar CBRL Group CBS CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Cintas Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eaton eBay Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Energizer Entergy EOG Resources Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Family Dollar FedEx Fifth Third Bank FirstEnergy Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Forest Laboratories FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hershey Hess Corporation Hewitt Associates Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingersoll-Rand Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit Invesco ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Joy Global JPMorgan Chase KBR Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Leggett & Platt Limited Brands Lincoln National Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nalco Holding Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Paychex Peabody Energy Pentair Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Polo Ralph Lauren PPG PPL Praxair Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reynolds American Ross Stores Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Schlumberger Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Simon Property Southwest Airlines Sprint Stanley Works Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco T. Rowe Price Target Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Tiffany Time Warner TJX Tyco Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group Urban Outfitters URS US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin Group Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!