Welcome to the Resource Centre
We make it our mission to work with advocates in civil society, business and government to address inequalities of power, seek remedy for abuse, and ensure protection of people and planet.
Both companies and impacted communities thank us for the resources and support we provide.
Phil Bloomer, Executive Director
Related stories and components
Cambodia: ILO estimates about 1,500 construction workers die each year due to unsafe working conditions
Author: Liyana Hasnan, The Asean Post
"Construction in Cambodia lacks safety", 3 August 2019...
Author: Fabio Teixeira, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Top mobile company Telefonica Brasil found guilty of slave labor", 31 July 2019...
UAE: Court orders construction co. to pay a fine & compensation to the family of a worker who died on site
Author: Anwar Ahmad, Gulf News
"Abu Dhabi court upholds ruling against company in electrician’s death," 30 Jul 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Cambodia: PM urges Anti-Corruption Unit to take legal action against corrupt officials amid concerns over unauthorised construction projects
Author: Soth Koemsoeun, The Phnom Penh Post
"PM: Corrupt officials behind unauthorised construction work", 30 July 2019...
Author: Global Witness
30 Jul 2019...
- Related stories: Global Witness report shows three defenders were killed each week in 2018, most in relation to mining, agribusiness & hydro
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase Promoción y Desarrollo Hídricos (PDHSA) (Now Energía y Renovación S.A ) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Transcanada Vedanta Resources
Albania: Activists opposing hydropower plants face consistent harassment from local authorities & companies, says new NGO report; incl. company statement
The report "Communities under Pressure - Findings from Valbona, Albania” by Center for Human Rights alleges that activists and community members who object to proliferation of hydropower plants in Valbona, Albania are facing consistent harassment from...
Author: Gener 2
...In its Rejoinder, the Center has directly accused Gener 2 of being dismissive and showing no concerns for the complaints presented. Gener 2 has not dismissed the concerns of the community and it has been working diligently for years with them –with...
- Related stories: Albania: Activists opposing hydropower plants face consistent harassment from local authorities & companies, says new NGO report; incl. company statements
- This is a response from the following companies: Gener 2
Author: The American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Human Rights
The American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Human Rights welcomes Gener 2’s engagement with its report, “Communities under Pressure – Findings from Valbona, Albania” and its written commitment to respect human rights, to consult with impacted...
Author: Mathrubhumi (India)
"No job, no food; 2 Kerala men stranded in Sharjah seek help to return home," 23 Jul 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE