Continental Airlines (part of United Continental)
Continental Airlines website: www.continental.com
Author: L.M. Sixel, Houston Chronicle [USA]
Unions that represent transportation workers long complained that federal organizing rules made it harder for them to win representation elections in the workplace. That roadblock disappeared last spring when the government reversed a 75-year-old rule...
Continental Airlines lodged an appeal Monday against a conviction by a French court which found it criminally responsible for the 2000 Concorde air disaster in which 113 people were killed...A court on December 6...said [the crash] was caused by a...
- Related stories: France: Continental Airlines appeals court verdict finding it criminally responsible for 2000 Concorde crash which killed 113 people
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Air France KLM Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space)
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
This ninth installment of The State of the Workplace report shows that job protections and benefits for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees have surged in recent years, at large businesses and other private employers such as law firms and...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign finds growing number of businesses protecting transgender rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alberto Culver Alcoa Allegheny Technologies Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anixter Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Bausch & Lomb Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BJ Services BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Boise Cascade BorgWarner Boston Scientific BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carlson CarMax Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chiquita CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Costco Countrywide Financial (part of Bank of America) Coventry Health Care Crown Holdings CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Dover Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Enbridge Energy Partners Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy Enterprise GP Holdings Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expeditors International Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Family Dollar Fannie Mae Federal-Mogul FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands FPL Group Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance Halliburton Harley-Davidson Harrah's Hartford Financial Services HCA Health Net Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hexion Specialty Chemicals Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Hovnanian Enterprises HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Huntsman IAC IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Insight Enterprises Integrys Energy Group Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KBR Kellogg Kelly Services KeyBank Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines NRG Energy Nucor NVR Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacific Mutual Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Penske Automotive Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Performance Food Group Peter Kiewit Sons PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prologis Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix Pulte Homes (part of PulteGroup) Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons Raytheon Reliant Energy Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Russell Investments SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Salesforce.com Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company Tutor Perini Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
[PDF] [full report] Corporate Equality Index - A Report Card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Several industries saw improvement in both the average rating and the number of top-rated businesses: airlines; computer hardware and office equipment; food, beverages and groceries; insurance; law firms; and, retail and consumer products... Of the 35...
- Related stories: USA: Corporate Equality Index ranks 583 firms on treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender employees, consumers, investors
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group adidas Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alliant Energy Allianz Allstate Alltel Alston & Bird Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Express Amgen Aon Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avon Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Group BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar CBRL Group Cerner Chevron ChoicePoint Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Chubb Group CIGNA Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dole Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Edison International Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae FedEx Fifth Third Bank Ford Freddie Mac Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Hallmark Cards Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Health Care Service Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Heller Ehrman Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works ING Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean LaSalle Bank (part of Bank of America) Lear Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Macy's Manulife Financial Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR Nestlé New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Novartis Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Powell Goldstein PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanofi SAP Sara Lee Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Microsystems Supervalu Target Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UPS US Airways Verizon Viacom Visa Inc. Visteon Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo West LB Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM! Zurich
Author: BBC News
US airline Continental and five people will stand trial over the 2000 Concorde crash near Paris which killed 113 people, French judicial officials say...The plane caught fire after its tyres were punctured by a piece of metal on the runway from a...
Author: Environmental Leader [USA]
U.S. investors have filed 54 global warming shareholder resolutions with U.S. companies, nearly doubling the number filed two years ago.Companies targeted in the 2008 proxy season include Dynegy..., Massey Energy..., ExxonMobil and ConocoPhillips..., U...
- Related companies: Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Big Lots ConocoPhillips Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Dominion Resources Dynegy El Paso Energy ExxonMobil Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services KB Home Kirby Lowe's Massey Energy (part of Alpha Natural Resources) Parkway Properties Ryder Southern Company Standard Pacific (now CalAtlantic Group) US Airways Wells Fargo
Author: Ron Marisco, New Jersey Star-Ledger
The head of New Jersey's AFL-CIO chapter yesterday accused Continental Airlines of attempting to block efforts to unionize 7,650 service employees at Newark Liberty International Airport. Charles Wowkanech, the union's state chapter president, said...
- Related companies: Continental Airlines (part of United Continental)