Converse (part of Nike)
Member of UN Global Compact
Converse website: www.converse.com
Fashion Transparency Index 2020 ranks fashion brands & retailers on social & environmental issues; Finds majority of brands lack transparency
Author: Fashion Transparency Index
"The Fashion Transparency Index 2020", April 2020...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Aeropostale Air Jordan (Nike, Inc.) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd ALDO (The Aldo Group Inc.) Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters Anta Sports Products Anthropologie (part of Urban Outfitters) Aritzia ASDA (part of Walmart) Asics ASOS Balenciaga (Kering) Bally Banana Republic (part of Gap) BCBGMAXAZRIA (Centric Brands) Beanpole (Samsung C&T) Belle International Holdings Limited Bershka (Inditex) Big Bazaar-ffb (Future Group) Big W (part of Woolworths Group) Billabong (Boardriders, Inc.) Bloomingdales (part of Macy's) Bonprix (Otto Group) Boohoo Bosideng International Holdings Limited Bottega Veneta (Kering) Brooks Brothers Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Brunello Cucinelli Burberry Burlington C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Calzedonia Canada Goose Carhartt Carolina Herrera (Puig) Caroll (Vivarte) Carrefour Cato Fashions Celine (LVMH) Celio Champion (part of Hanesbrands) Chanel Chico's FAS Children's Place Chloé (Richemont) Claire's (Apollo Global Management) Clarks Cole Haan (Apax Partners) Columbia Sportswear Converse (part of Nike) Cortefiel Costco Cotton On Group Debenhams Décathlon Desigual Diane Von Furstenberg Dick's Sporting Goods Diesel Dillard's Dior (part of LVMH) DKNY (G-III Apparel Group) Dolce & Gabbana Dr. Martens (Permira) Dressmann (Varner-Gruppen AS) DSW (Designer Brands) Eddie Bauer El Corte Inglés Elie Tahari Ermenegildo Zegna Esprit Express, Inc. Falabella Famous Footwear (Caleres) Fanatics Fashion Nova Fendi (LVMH) Fila Fjällräven (Fenix Outdoor International AG) Foot Locker Forever 21 Foschini Fossil Group, Inc. Free People (Urban Outfitters) Furla G-Star Raw Gap Gerry Weber Gildan Activewear Giorgio Armani Gucci Guess Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Heilan Home Helly Hansen HEMA Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hermès Hollister (part of Abercrombie & Fitch) Hudson's Bay Hugo Boss Intimissimi (Calzedonia Group) Ito-Yokado J.Crew Jack & Jones (Bestseller) JCPenney Company, Inc. JD Sports Fashion Jil Sander (Onward Holdings) Jockey Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) K-Way (BasicNet) Kate Spade & Company Kathmandu Kaufland KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kohl's Koovs L.L.Bean La Redoute (Groupe Galeries Lafayette) Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land's End (part of Sears) Levi Strauss Li Ning Lidl Lindex Loft (Ascena Retail Group, Inc.) Longchamp Lululemon Athletica LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Macy's Mammut Sports Group (Conzzeta AG) Mango Mango (Punto Fa, S.L.) Marc Jacobs (LVMH) Marks & Spencer Marni (OTB Group) Massimo Dutti (Inditex) Matalan Max Mara Fashion Group Merrell (Wolverine World Wide, Inc.) Metersbonwe Group Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Michael Kors (part of Capri Holdings) Miu Miu (Prada) Mizuno Moncler SpA Monoprix Monsoon Accessorize Morrisons Mr Price Group Limited ("MRP") MUJI Neiman Marcus New Balance New Look New York & Company, Inc. New Yorker Next Nike Nine West (part of Jones Group) Nordstrom North Face (part of VF Corp) Old Navy (part of Gap) Otto OVS SpA Patagonia Pepe Jeans Pimkie (Association Familiale Mulliez) Prada PrettyLittleThing (part of Boohoo) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Prisma (S Group) Pull & Bear (part of Inditex) Puma Quicksilver Ralph Lauren Reebok (part of adidas) REI Reliance Trends (Reliance Retail) Reserved (LPP Spółka Akcyjna) Revolve River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Ross Stores Roxy (Boardriders) Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) s.Oliver Sainsbury's Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Salvatore Ferragamo SpA Sandro-Paris (Groupe SMCP) Skechers Speedo (part of Pentland Group) Sports Direct Steve Madden, Ltd. Stradivarius (Inditex) Superdry Takko Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Target Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Tchibo TechStyle Fashion Group (formerly JustFab Inc.) Ted Baker Tesco Tezenis (Calzedonia Group) The Buckle, Inc. The Jessica Simpson Collection Timberland (part of VF Corp) TJ Maxx (part of TJX) Tod's Tom Ford Tom Tailor Tommy Bahama Group Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Topman (Arcadia Group) Topshop (part of Arcadia) Topvalu Collection (AEON) Tory Burch LLC Triumph International Truworths UGG (part of Deckers Brands) Under Armour Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) United Arrows United Colors of Benetton Urban Outfitters Valentino Van Heusen (PVH) Vero Moda (part of Bestseller) Versace Very (Shop Direct) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Walmart Walt Disney Warehouse Woolworths Holdings Wrangler (part of VF Corp) Youngor Group Yves Saint Laurent (Kering) Zalando SE Zara (part of Inditex) Zeeman
Author: Environmental Leader
Adidas is in talks with competitors, including Nike and Puma, to develop a response to Greenpeace’s intensifying campaign on chemicals in the supply chain, Business Green reports. Speaking to BusinessGreen, an Adidas spokeswoman told the website that...
- Related stories: China: Nike commits to eliminating hazardous chemicals in its supply chain
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Converse (part of Nike) G-Star Raw Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Kappa Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Li Ning Nike Pentland Group Polo Ralph Lauren Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Author: Niniek Karmini & Stephen Wright, Associated Press
Workers making Converse sneakers in Indonesia say supervisors throw shoes at them, slap them in the face and call them dogs and pigs. Nike…acknowledges that such abuse has occurred…but says there was little it could do to stop it…Nike says nearly two...
Author: Alliance to Stop Slavery and End Trafficking & CALL+RESPONSE
[The Chain store reaction project is an open letter asking companies to investigate labour abuses in their production chains. Webpage indicates how many emails sent to each company, and which are responding]. [refers to American Apparel, Audi, A...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Adobe Systems American Apparel Audi (part of Volkswagen) Banana Republic (part of Gap) Benetton Berkshire Hathaway Bosch Burberry Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Cisco Systems Converse (part of Nike) Dell Diesel Donna Karan Eddie Bauer Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Fila Ford Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Genentech General Motors Giorgio Armani Gucci (part of Kering) Guess H&M Heineken Hollister (part of Abercrombie & Fitch) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hugo Boss Juniper Networks Kenneth Cole Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mazda Microsoft Motorola Nike Nikon (part of Mitsubishi Group) Perry Ellis International Pierre Cardin Polo Ralph Lauren Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Quicksilver Saab Automobile (part of Swedish Automobiles) Sean John Clothing Suzuki Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volvo Car (part of Geely) Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
Author: Kellie A. McElhaney, Center for Responsible Business - UC Berkeley
[refers to Nike, General Electric, Wal-Mart, American Express , Converse, Gap, Emporio Armani, Motorola, Apple, Hallmark Cards, Dell, Microsoft]
Author: UN Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria today announced that contributions from (PRODUCT)RED partners have reached over $50 million... This cumulative total...outstrips by far all previous private sector contributions to the Global Fund...
Author: B-Span [World Bank]
Fighting the worldwide epidemic of HIV/AIDS requires partnerships among all sectors of society...As part of the events leading up to World AIDS Day 2007, the World Bank hosted the event “Private Sector Leadership: What Will it Take?” on November 29,...
Author: Lynley Donnelly , Mail & Guardian So. Africa
…[L]arge corporations with the financial resources to implement HIV/Aids workplace programmes are making inroads…First National Bank (FNB), [has a] programme… aimed at educating, training, testing & encouraging people to access treatment…Mining...
- Related companies: American Express Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Apple Barloworld BHP Billiton Converse (part of Nike) Emporio Armani (part of Giorgio Armani) First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Levi Strauss MAC Cosmetics (part of Estée Lauder)
Author: Kaiser Network Daily Reports [USA]
Apple Computer on Friday began selling a red-colored iPod Nano and $25 iTunes gift cards under the label of Product RED -- a project created by Irish musician Bono and Bobby Shriver that aims to raise money for the Global Fund To Fight AIDS,...