Headquarters in USA
Cooper Industries website: http://www.cooperindustries.com
Our exclusive environmental ranking of America's 500 largest corporations. [Top 5: HP, Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, IBM]
- Related stories: Newsweek publishes "Green Rankings" - largest 500 US firms ranked on climate change efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Techsystems Allstate Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Analog Devices Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beckman Coulter Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club Boeing BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Bunge Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carnival Caterpillar CBRL Group CBS CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Cintas Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eaton eBay Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Energizer Entergy EOG Resources Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Family Dollar FedEx Fifth Third Bank FirstEnergy Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Forest Laboratories FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google H&R Block Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz Hershey Hess Corporation Hewitt Associates Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingersoll-Rand Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit Invesco ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Joy Global JPMorgan Chase KBR Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kraft Foods Kroger L-3 Communications Leggett & Platt Limited Brands Lincoln National Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott McDonald's McGraw-Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nalco Holding Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Paychex Peabody Energy Pentair Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Polo Ralph Lauren PPG PPL Praxair Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reynolds American Ross Stores Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Schlumberger Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Simon Property Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Stanley Works Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco T. Rowe Price Target Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Tiffany Time Warner TJX Tyco Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group Urban Outfitters URS US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin Group Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM!
Author: CRO Magazine
[Top five placed companies: Intel, Eaton, Nike, John Deere, Genentech]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2008 - list topped by Intel, Eaton, Nike
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Avalon Avon Bank of America Baxter International Bunge Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Cummins Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Chemical Company Eaton Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon Fairchild Semiconductor FirstEnergy Ford FPL Group Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodyear Green Mountain Coffee Guess Hess Corporation Humana IBM Intel Intersil ITT Industries John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods Lockheed Martin Marathon Oil McKesson MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Nike Norfolk Southern Office Depot PepsiCo PG&E Phillips-Van Heusen PNC Financial Services PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Raytheon Reliant Energy Safeway (USA) Seagate Technology Southern Company Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco Target Temple-Inland Tiffany Union Pacific Verizon Walt Disney Waste Management Weyerhaeuser Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy
Author: Bryan Keogh, New York Business
New York City Comptroller William Thompson Jr...filed shareholder resolutions with Manhattan-based Altria Group Inc. and 10 other companies urging them to curb human rights abuses of workers by their overseas suppliers. The resolutions...urge the U.S....
- Related stories: New York City Comptroller files shareholder resolutions with 11 US companies urging them to curb human rights abuses by their overseas suppliers
- Related companies: Altria Bed Bath & Beyond C.R. Bard Cooper Industries Goodyear Hasbro Kimberly-Clark Lear Limited Brands Mattel Timberland
Author: office of New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson
...the five New York City pension funds [are] urging 15 companies to adopt workplace human rights policies...based on the conventions of the International Labor Organization (ILO) on workplace human rights and the United Nation's Norms on the...
Author: Domini Social Investments
Socially Responsible Firm Says Post-Enron "Crisis of Confidence" Fueled Shareholder Discontent with Corporate Social and Environmental Performance [includes reference to Household International, Cooper Industries, Gap, Walt Disney Co., McDonald's,...
Author: Domini Social Investments
Socially Responsible Firm Focuses on Sweatshops and the Environment, Continues Push for Greater Corporate Transparency [refers to resolutions filed and/or dialogue with: Gap; Sears, Roebuck; Disney; McDonald's; Nordstrom; Merrill Lynch; Procter &...