Corporate Advisor, South at Business in the Community
Business in the Community is the Prince’s Responsible Business Network. Our members work together to tackle a wide range of issues that are essential to building a fairer society and a more sustainable future.
We are a business-led, issue-focused charity with more than 30 years' experience of mobilising business. We help businesses review, improve, measure and report on the ways in which they are delivering on their commitments as a responsible employer, neighbour, customer and supplier.
Context of role
BITC's members range from global FTSE100 companies to small businesses. We work with over 800 companies in membership and many thousands more through our programmes and influence. Led by the Membership Director, who sits on BITC’s Management Team, the Membership team sits at the heart of BITC, working to understand our members’ business challenges and needs, and liaising with other departments at BITC to ensure we provide first class strategic advice to our members.
Each Corporate Advisor is responsible for contributing to the recruitment, retention and engagement of BITC members through responsibility for a portfolio of member companies. In the South team, our members’ headquarters are in London, South East and East of England. A number of specific relationship management and recruitment KPIs are used to track success.
To provide excellent relationship management; to provide strategic advice on responsible business; to recruit, engage and retain member companies in order to achieve BITC’s mission and objectives. Ultimately it’s about challenging and supporting our members to deliver an integrated business strategy which has responsibility at its heart.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of existing member companies
- Understand member companies’ businesses, their challenges and opportunities, and advise them on how best to improve their approach to responsible business
- Recruit and induct new member companies into BITC membership
- Understand the needs of member companies and connect them to relevant BITC tools, resources, programme and thought leadership.
- Ensure that all information is accurate and up to date for your portfolio of companies
- Develop and sustain strong and effective internal relationship with all campaign, regional and support functions
- Manage and report upon relationship risk and seek to retain member companies at all times
Key Performance Areas and Measures:
- The creation and implementation of effective relationship management procedures which will deliver the highest standards of membership engagement. This includes implementing procedures on risk management, timely membership renewals and payments, and tracking engagement.
- The recruitment and induction of new members.
- The successful raising of engagement levels across a portfolio of companies.
- The implementation of effective risk-management and retention strategies.
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in the areas for which the jobholder is responsible.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are reasonably to be considered as within the scope and purpose of the job and the aptitudes of the job holder.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities may vary from the particulars of this job description.
Job title: Corporate Advisor, South
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 25 March 2015