Latest Legal News
Below are the latest corporate legal accountability news items.
Related stories and components
Author: Treaty Alliance Germany
On 26 June 2014 the UN Human Rights Commission approved a resolution to form a working group (Open-ended intergovernmental working group on transnational corporations and other business enterprises with respect to human rights, OEIGWG) to elaborate...
- Related stories: Experts reflect on the Zero Draft of the legally binding treaty on business and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Blog and commentaries Latest Legal News
Author: Adam Barnett, Communications Officer, BHRRC
BHRRC's Maysa Zorob, head of Corporate Legal Accountability, discusses the UK Supreme Court ruling on Vedanta vs Zambian farmers. This episode of CNBC Africa's Capital Connection was broadcast on April 17 2019.
- Related stories: UK Supreme court rules Zambians can sue Vedanta in English courts Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re water contamination, Zambia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Bharat Aluminium (part of Vedanta Resources) Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources
Author: Khaleej Times (UAE)
"Worker injured at work in UAE gets Dh1.5 million compensation", 14 May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Author: Holger Hembach, CSR news
'Recht auf Klage', 15 May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Juristische Neuigkeiten
- Related companies: Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Vedanta Resources
Amnesty backs legal action against Israeli firm NSO Group over spyware use against Human Rights Defenders
On 13 May 2019, Amnesty International and New York University announced they were backing legal action against the Israeli Ministry of Defence, demanding that it revoke the export license of NSO Group, an Israeli company whose spyware products have...
Author: Radio Okapi
« Procès Yalisika : les accusés condamnés en appel à des peines allants jusqu’à 6 ans de prison», 9 mai 2019 ...
- Related stories: Résumé du procès contre le Groupe Danzer & SIFORCO (Rép. dém. du Congo)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: Blattner Group Danzer SIFORCO (part of Blattner Group)
“Advierten riesgo de debilitar fiscalización ambiental a mineras”, 11 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: China Minmetals Glencore Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)