Headquarters in United Kingdom
Corus website: http://www.corusgroup.com
Author: Birmingham Post [UK]
Multinational steelmaker Corus has been fined £240,000 after a lorry driver was crushed to death at its site in Staffordshire. The firm was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) after three tonnes of steel plates fell on 22-year-old…Ross...
[PDF] Mining matters: Unacceptable metal mining in developing countries and the responsibilities of companies in the Netherlands
Author: Friends of the Earth Netherlands
This report shows that there are huge problems with regard to mining in developing countries, including loss of livelihood and health risks to communities; devastation of rich ecosystems; poor working conditions of miners; child labour; fuelling war...
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Cookson Corus Group Doe Run (part of Renco) Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Heineken Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Renco Rio Blanco Copper (part of Xiamen Zijin Tongguan Investment Development Corporation, part of Zijin Mining Group, Tongling Non-Ferrous Metals Group Holding Co. Ltd. y Xiamen C&D Coperation Ltd.) Royal Philips Electronics Zijin
Author: CBI Climate Change Task Force
[Task force members: BT, Barclays, McKinsey, BP, Ineos ChlorVinyls, Ford, RWE npower, London Stock Exchange, Sun Microsystems, Tesco, Aviva, Taylor Wimpey, Rolls-Royce, Bio Group, Shell, Corus, British Airways, Siemens UK]
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project finds climate change not a priority for most Indian firms
- Related companies: Aviva Barclays BP British Airways BT Corus Group Ford Ineos Chlor London Stock Exchange McKinsey npower (part of RWE) Rolls-Royce plc RWE Shell Siemens Sun Microsystems Taylor Wimpey Tesco
Author: Felicity Lawrence, Guardian [UK]
The government will face a challenge from unions tomorrow over the impact of migration on Labour's core working-class voters… The Guardian has obtained submissions made to government by the leading unions which catalogue the replacement of traditional...
A man who suffered 43% burns in a steel blast furnace explosion which killed three other workers has won an undisclosed six-figure payout. Peter Clement, 54, was one of 12 men injured in the blast at the Port Talbot steelworks in November 2001 [3 men...
- Related companies: Corus Group
Author: Confederation of British Industry
Chairmen and Chief Executives from some of the UK’s biggest companies have attended the inaugural meeting of the CBI's climate change task force. The new group, chaired by BT Chief Executive Ben Verwaayen, has been established to set the agenda on how...
- Related stories: UK: 2 new business initiatives to tackle climate change - launched by investment banks & by Confederation of British Industry members incl. BT, Barclays, Tesco, Rolls-Royce
- Related companies: Aviva Bank Sarasin Barclays BP British Airways BT Corus Group Credit Suisse George Wimpey HSBC Ineos Chlor McKinsey Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley Rolls-Royce plc RWE Shell Siemens Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) Sun Microsystems Tesco
Author: Fair Pensions [UK]
[Pension schemes surveyed]:...