Headquarters in USA
Costco website: www.costco.com
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...
China: Clothes made with cotton produced by forced labour in Xinjiang is likely being sold in US, think tank says
“Clothing made by Chinese forced labor is likely being sold in the US”, 22 October 2019...
Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
Oxfam has released new research, which included in-depth interviews with workers in India and Brazil and a survey of workers in five other countries, revealing widespread labour rights allegations - including poverty pay, harsh working conditions, and...
- Related stories: Les supermarchés européens manquent de vigilance quant aux conditions de travail dans leurs chaînes d'approvisionnement, selon Oxfam Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Costco
US government blocks shipments from companies alleged of using forced labour in China, Malaysia, Brazil, Zimbabwe and Congo
Author: Martha Mendoza, Associated Press
“Company making Costco pajamas flagged for forced labor”, 8 Oct 2019...
- Related stories: US blocks import of goods suspected to have been produced with forced labour
- Related companies: Ansell Badger Sport Costco WRP
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Jacob Wolinsky, Value Walk
"Monster Beverage from laggard to leader on slavery in supply chain", 4 June 2019...
Malaysia: Condom supplier to NHS and British retailers accused of 'shameful' working conditions & labour abuses
Author: Nicola Smith, The Telegraph
"Revealed: Condom supplier to NHS and British high street accused of 'shameful' working conditions", 23 January 2019...
- Related stories: Malaysia: Workers report poor working conditions & low wages at Karex factories
- Related in-depth areas: Beyond Social Auditing
- Related companies: Boots (now Alliance Boots) Costco Global Protection Corp (part of Karex) Karex Reckitt Benckiser Superdrug (part of Hutchison Whampoa) Tesco
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!