Headquarters in USA
Costco website: www.costco.com
CHRB claims Amazon, Costco & Starbucks amongst the worst at identifying and addressing human rights issues
Author: Jennifer Thompson, Financial Times
"Starbucks, Amazon and Costco rapped for weak human rights disclosure", 14 November 2019...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...
China: Clothes made with cotton produced by forced labour in Xinjiang is likely being sold in US, think tank says
“Clothing made by Chinese forced labor is likely being sold in the US”, 22 October 2019...
Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
Oxfam has released new research, which included in-depth interviews with workers in India and Brazil and a survey of workers in five other countries, revealing widespread labour rights allegations - including poverty pay, harsh working conditions, and...
- Related stories: Les supermarchés européens manquent de vigilance quant aux conditions de travail dans leurs chaînes d'approvisionnement, selon Oxfam Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Costco
US government blocks shipments from companies alleged of using forced labour in China, Malaysia, Brazil, Zimbabwe and Congo
Author: Martha Mendoza, Associated Press
“Company making Costco pajamas flagged for forced labor”, 8 Oct 2019...
- Related stories: US blocks import of goods suspected to have been produced with forced labour
- Related companies: Ansell Badger Sport Costco WRP
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Jacob Wolinsky, Value Walk
"Monster Beverage from laggard to leader on slavery in supply chain", 4 June 2019...
Malaysia: Condom supplier to NHS and British retailers accused of 'shameful' working conditions & labour abuses
Author: Nicola Smith, The Telegraph
"Revealed: Condom supplier to NHS and British high street accused of 'shameful' working conditions", 23 January 2019...
- Related stories: Malaysia: Workers report poor working conditions & low wages at Karex factories
- Related in-depth areas: Beyond Social Auditing
- Related companies: Boots (now Alliance Boots) Costco Global Protection Corp (part of Karex) Karex Reckitt Benckiser Superdrug (part of Hutchison Whampoa) Tesco