Headquarters in USA
Costco website: www.costco.com
Déjà Vu - diamond industry still failing to deliver on promises - Summary of UK and US results of Global Witness and Amnesty International survey
Author: Global Witness & Amnesty International
This report presents the results of Global Witness and Amnesty International's survey into the diamond jewellery retail sector's implementation of self-regulation to support the Kimberley Process, the international diamond certification scheme...
Author: David Kravets, Associated Press
Brad Seligman made millions early in his career at a small Oakland law firm -- so much money that it made him uncomfortable. That discomfort has transformed the former hippie into one of the country's most recognized class-action attorneys, taking on...
Author: Jenny Strasburg, San Francisco Chronicle
Costco Wholesale Corp. was accused of bias against female employees in a federal civil rights lawsuit Tuesday...charg[ing] that the retailer bypassed qualified women for promotions based on their gender...Costco...denied the allegations Tuesday,...
Author: Kathie O'Donnell, CBS MarketWatch
...Patti Lynn, campaign director for Infact, a corporate accountability organization, said it's "unacceptable" for the retirement system, which manages more than $300 billion, to invest in companies that engage in "irresponsible and dangerous"...
Author: AccountAbility & csrnetwork
The world’s largest companies have a long way to go in demonstrating accountability to their stakeholders...The top 10 companies...were: BP, Suez, Royal Dutch/Shell Group (Shell), Unilever, Carrefour, Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Motor, Hewlett...
- Related stories: AccountAbility & csrnetwork rate how well the world's 100 largest companies account for their impacts on society & environment
- Related companies: AIG AmerisourceBergen Assicurazioni Generali Berkshire Hathaway Boeing BP Cardinal Carrefour China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Costco Dai-Ichi Mutual Life Insurance E.ON EDF Freddie Mac HP (Hewlett-Packard) Kroger McKesson Nestlé Nippon Life Insurance PSA Peugeot-Citroën SBC Communications (now AT&T) Sears Shell Sinopec State Farm Insurance Suez Sumitomo Life Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Tyco Unilever Vodafone Walmart
[refers to Tesco, Asda (part of Wal-Mart), Induyco (part of El Corte Inglés), Taco Bell (part of Yum!), Victoria's Secret, Zara (part of Inditex), Hennes & Mauritz, Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, Makalot, Li & Fung, Esquel, Nien...
- Related stories: Oxfam report - big brand retailers undermining labour rights of millions of women worldwide
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Ahold ASDA (part of Walmart) Carrefour Cherokee Costco El Corte Inglés Esquel Gap H&M Inditex Induyco (part of El Corte Inglés) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Li & Fung Makalot Metro Group Migros Nien Hsing Sears Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Target Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Toys R Us Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Walmart YUM!
[se refiere a Victoria's Secret, Cherokee, Sears, Kmart, Nien Hsing, Esquel, Li & Fung, Makalot, Gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, Tommy Hilfiger, Hennes & Mauritz, Zara (parte de Inditex), Induyco (parte de El Corte Inglés), Explorer, No...
- Related stories: Intermón Oxfam: Dos informes sobre los derechos laborales de las mujeres en el mercado global
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Ahold Delhaize ASDA (part of Walmart) Carrefour Cherokee Costco El Corte Inglés Gap H&M Inditex Induyco (part of El Corte Inglés) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Li & Fung Makalot Metro Group Migros Nien Hsing Sears Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Target Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toys R Us Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Walmart YUM! Zara (part of Inditex)