Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Author: Christelle Terreblanche, Independent Online [So. Africa]
On Tuesday Brigitte Mabandla, the justice minister, will square off against two sets of lawyers representing thousands of apartheid victims at an appeal hearing in New York over their 2002 compensation claims brought against foreign multinational...
The [Workplace Equality] Index measures 20 criteria covering policy and practice—from having a non-discrimination policy promoted to all staff that includes sexual orientation to...supporting a lesbian and gay employee network group...On 17 January...
- Related stories: Top 100 British employers of lesbian, gay & bisexual staff for 2006 - top 10 include: IBM, Accenture, BT, Credit Suisse First Boston, JP Morgan
- Related companies: Accenture Aviva Barclays BT Citigroup Credit Suisse Goldman Sachs HSBC IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Lehman Brothers Millivres Prowler Group Morgan Stanley Nationwide Building Society Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble UBS
[PDF] full report: "Shaping the Future of Sustainable Finance - Moving from Paper Promises to Performance"
Author: BankTrack, WWF
By the end of 2005, only eight banks had publicly adopted a human rights policy: ABN AMRO, Barclays, HBOS, ING, Rabobank, Société Général, Standard Chartered and Westpac...Only Rabobank has committed to follow the UN Norms and explicitly endorsed the...
- Related stories: BankTrack & WWF review social & environmental policies of 39 banks - only 8 have public human rights policies: ABN AMRO, Barclays, HBOS, ING, Rabobank, Société Général, Standard Chartered, Westpac
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of America BBVA BNP Paribas Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC HVB Itaú Unibanco KBC Manulife Financial Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Scotiabank Shell Société Générale Standard Chartered Sumitomo Group UBS Wells Fargo West LB Westpac
Author: Action Aid, Amnesty International, CAFOD, Christian Aid, The Corner House, Friends of the Earth, Global Witness, New Economics Foundation, Tax Justice Network, WWF
[refers to ABN Amro, Aviva, Barclays, Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole), China Development Bank, China Import Export Bank, Commerzbank, Crédit Agricole, Credit Suisse First Boston, Deutsche Bank, Espirito Santo, Goldman Sachs, Henderson Global Investors...
- Related stories: "Finance Sector Profiting from Poverty, Environmental Damage and Human Rights Abuses", says report by Amnesty Intl., Global Witness, New Economics Foundation & 7 other NGOs
- Related companies: ABN Amro Aviva Barclays Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China Development Bank China Exim Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC KBC KPMG Lloyds Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Munich Re Nationwide Building Society Natixis Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Swiss Re
Where do you draw the line? - Research into the financial links between five bank groups and companies that abuse human rights
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen [Belgium]
[describes human rights concerns regarding companies & projects in which AXA, Dexia, Fortis, ING & KBC have invested] Regarding credit, AXA informs us that every offer of credit is subject to ethical rules and the rule of law... AXA states that...
- Related stories: AXA, ING, Fortis, Dexia & KBC have invested over US$8 billion in companies & projects implicated in human rights violations, says Belgian NGO Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Aon AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas British American Tobacco Celestica Chevron Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dell Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Flextronics Fortis Heineken Henan Rebecca HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB IBM ING Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Jabil Circuit KBC Levi Strauss Marubeni Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nike Nippon Oil Pou Chen Premier Oil PTT Puma Reebok (part of adidas) Royal Bank of Scotland Sanmina-SCI Sojitz Solectron Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total Triodos Bank Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yue Yuen
Author: Florence Gerber, Déclaration de Berne
[Intervention lors de l'Atelier organisé par le CETIM et la Déclaration de Berne: "Normes internationales en matière de droits humains pour les entreprises", Forum de MultiWatch] Comment demander des comptes à une entreprise mutlinationale pour...
Author: Human Rights Campaign
[Rates companies on policies and practices toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumer & public policy issues....
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Apple AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Borders Group BP Capital One Cargill Cendant (now Avis Budget) Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group Cisco Systems Citigroup CMP Media (part of United Business Media) Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy Estée Lauder ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Dynamics General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nissan Nordstrom Northern Trust Olivia Companies Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Prudential Financial RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Rite Aid Rockwell Collins SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) SBC Communications (now AT&T) SC Johnson Sears Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data Toyota UBS Unisys United Business Media US Airways Viacom Volvo Car (part of Geely) Walgreen Washington Mutual Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Wyndham Xerox