Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
The heirs of two Holocaust victims have been awarded SFr26.45 million ($21.9 million) in a case brought against an unnamed Swiss bank. It is the largest single payout to date to come from a $1.25 billion settlement reached in 1998 between Holocaust...
Author: Environment News Service
Growing evidence of the negative economic consequences of climate change has prompted an alliance of institutional investors managing US$3.22 trillion to demand that capital market regulators require more rigorous corporate disclosure of climate risks...
Author: Environment News Service
Sakhalin's indigenous people have blocked roads leading to oil and gas facility projects for two days to support their demands for an assessment of how the projects are affecting them and compensation for damages...The same groups demonstrated in...
[PDF] full report: "Influencing Power - Reviewing the conduct and content of corporate lobbying" (free registration required)
Author: SustainAbility & WWF
[Companies with "systematic" approach: BASF, BP, Chevron, Dow, Ford, General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Hewlett-Packard. Companies with "developing" approach: Altria, AstraZeneca, Diageo, Microsoft, Pfizer, Philips, Shell, Swiss Re, Time Warner, Total....
- Related stories: WWF, SustainAbility report on extent to which lobbying activities of S&P Global 100 companies are consistent with their social & environmental commitments
- Related companies: 3M ABN Amro Aegon AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Allianz Altria Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Canon Carrefour Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EMC Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fortis France Telecom (now Orange) Fuji Photo Film General Electric General Motors Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) GlaxoSmithKline Hitachi Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IBM ING Intel Ito-Yokado Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Matsushita (now Panasonic) McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Morgan Stanley Nestlé News Corporation Nissan Nokia Nortel Networks Novartis PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander Shell Siemens Sony Suez Swiss Re Telefónica Texas Instruments Time Warner Toshiba Total Toyota Tyco UBS Unilever United Technologies Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Walmart
Author: Human Rights Campaign
[Rates companies on policies and practices toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumer & public policy issues....
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Apple AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Borders BP Capital One Cargill Cendant (now Avis Budget) Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group Cisco Systems Citigroup CMP Media (part of United Business Media) Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy Ernst & Young Estée Lauder ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Dynamics General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nissan Nordstrom Northern Trust Olivia Companies Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Prudential Financial RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Rite Aid Rockwell Collins SABMiller Safeway (USA) SBC Communications (now AT&T) SC Johnson Sears Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data Toyota UBS Unisys United Business Media US Airways Viacom Volvo Car (part of Ford) Walgreen Washington Mutual Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Wyndham Xerox
Author: Florence Gerber, Déclaration de Berne
[Intervention lors de l'Atelier organisé par le CETIM et la Déclaration de Berne: "Normes internationales en matière de droits humains pour les entreprises", Forum de MultiWatch] Comment demander des comptes à une entreprise mutlinationale pour...
Where do you draw the line? - Research into the financial links between five bank groups and companies that abuse human rights
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen [Belgium]
[describes human rights concerns regarding companies & projects in which AXA, Dexia, Fortis, ING & KBC have invested] Regarding credit, AXA informs us that every offer of credit is subject to ethical rules and the rule of law... AXA states...
- Related stories: AXA, ING, Fortis, Dexia & KBC have invested over US$8 billion in companies & projects implicated in human rights violations, says Belgian NGO Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Aon AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas British American Tobacco Celestica Chevron Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dell Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Flextronics Fortis Heineken Henan Rebecca HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB IBM ING Ivanhoe Mines Jabil Circuit KBC Levi Strauss Marubeni Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nike Nippon Oil Pou Chen Premier Oil PTT Puma Reebok (part of adidas) Royal Bank of Scotland Sanmina-SCI Sojitz Solectron Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total Triodos Bank Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yue Yuen