Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Author: Bank Track
Seven leading international banks, informally grouped together as the ‘Thun Group of Banks'...presented a discussion paper for banks on the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. BankTrack welcomes the discussion...
[PDF] Statement by the Thun Group of Banks - “The Guiding Principles: an interpretation for banks” - A Discussion Paper for banks on Principles 16 – 21 of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
Author: The Thun Group of Banks (Barclays, BBVA, Credit Suisse, ING Bank, RBS Group, UBS, UniCredit)
We, the undersigned banks, have contributed to this discussion paper in order to gain a better understanding of the “Guiding Principles for the implementation of the United Nations ‘Protect, Respect and Remedy’ Frame-work” (“Guiding Principles”) and of...
- Related stories: Statement by the Thun Group of Banks - “The Guiding Principles: an interpretation for banks” (banks in Barclays, BBVA, Credit Suisse, ING Bank, RBS Group, UBS, UniCredit)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Barclays BBVA Credit Suisse ING Royal Bank of Scotland UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit)
Author: Claes Cronstedt (International corporate lawyer)
This memo presents some ideas on how to make effective use of existing legislations including customary international law to combat the most serious human rights violations ...to create an international tribunal on business & human rights...,...
- Related stories: Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Barclays Chevron Coca-Cola Credit Suisse ExxonMobil Gap General Motors IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Nike Phillips-Van Heusen Polo Ralph Lauren Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) UBS Unocal (part of Chevron)
Senior City analyst known as 'the Godfather of retail' wins age discrimination case after he was unfairly sacked at 55 [UK]
Author: Martin Robinson, Daily Mail (UK)
A City big-hitter nicknamed the 'Godfather of retail' could be handed a £1million payout because he was unfairly dismissed at 55, a tribunal has ruled. Expert analyst Tony Shiret also successfully argued he was the victim of age discrimination after...
- Related companies: Credit Suisse
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against 20 banks and corporations regarding reparations for alleged complicity of the defendants in abuses committed by the South African Apartheid regime.]
- Related stories: US federal court dismisses apartheid claims against Daimler & Rheinmetall; court declines to dismiss claims against Ford & IBM
- Related companies: Al Jazeera Anglo American Bank of America Barclays BP Caltex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers Deutsche Bank Dow Chemical Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) DuPont ExxonMobil Fluor Ford Fujitsu GE (see General Electric) General Motors Holcim Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Isuzu JPMorgan Chase NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Nestlé Novartis Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Schindler Shell Standard Chartered Total UBS Unisys Volkswagen Xerox
Author: Brian Groom, Financial Times
Age discrimination is now seen as a more widespread problem in the City than sex discrimination, a survey of more than 1,600 finance sector workers has found. While more than one-third of City employees said their employer was “very committed” to...
Cerberus Capital Management LP has struggled to find investment banks to help sell Freedom Group Inc., the gun company whose rifle was used in the shooting spree in Newtown, Conn., said people with knowledge of the matter. Banks including JPMorgan...
[PDF] Thun Group of Banks Response to a question at the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights, December 2012
Author: Credit Suisse (on behalf of Thun Group of Banks)
The Thun Group of Banks is an informal group of bank representatives that have been discussing the meaning of the UN’s “’Protect, Respect and Remedy’ Framework” and the “Guiding Principles” on the activities of banks...The Group is currently...
Response by Credit Suisse: Tax Justice Network alleges 16 banks aid the rich to avoid taxes, leading to the flow of capital out of developing countries.
- Related in-depth areas: Tax Justice Network reports 2012 - responses & non-responses by banks
- This is a response from the following companies: Credit Suisse
[PDF] [Submission in response to] Call for input: Report on business and human rights and the UN system
Banks have a specific role in enabling or preventing possible human rights violations...It is up to banks to adapt their business operations in recognition of this responsibility. BankTrack continuously monitors the standards that private sector banks...