Headquarters in USA
Crompton Corporation website: http://www.cromptoncorp.com
Author: Danielle Knight, Inter Press Service
Environmentalists are urging the Canadian government to fight a lawsuit filed against it by a major U.S. chemical company [Crompton Corporation] under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Related companies: Crompton Corporation
Author: Christine Kearney, Reuters
Attorneys representing major US chemical companies defended them against charges Monday that the companies committed war crimes by supplying the military with Agent Orange during the Vietnam War...If the lawsuit were successful, billions of dollars...
- Related stories: Chemical firms seek dismissal of US lawsuit over harms allegedly caused by Agent Orange to Vietnamese during war
- Related companies: Ansul (part of Tyco) Crompton Corporation Dow Chemical Elementis Harcros Chemicals Hercules Monsanto Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Pharmacia (part of Pfizer) Valero Energy Wyeth (part of Pfizer)
A US federal court in New York has dismissed a legal action brought by Vietnamese plaintiffs over the use of Agent Orange during the Vietnam War. The plaintiffs had sought compensation from the firms that manufactured the chemical, which allegedly...
- Related stories: US federal court dismisses case brought against chemical companies over use of Agent Orange in Vietnam War
- Related companies: Ansul (part of Tyco) Crompton Corporation Dow Chemical Elementis Harcros Chemicals Hercules Monsanto Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Pharmacia (part of Pfizer) Tyco Valero Energy Wyeth (part of Pfizer)
Author: Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA)
Lindane has been targeted for a ban by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) since 1977, but has somehow managed to stay on the market. Meanwhile more than 50 countries have banned this dangerous chemical. What are the forces behind the...