Headquarters in USA
Coke's report on responsible business practices in Myanmar sets standard for transparency on both successes and failures
Author: Jonathan Kaufman, EarthRights International
...What makes the Coke report unique is the level of transparency it provides – both into the company’s successes and its failure in responsible business conduct – meaning that communities, investors, and the U.S. Government alike have a reasonable...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Coca-Cola's report submitted to the US Govt. under the Responsible Investment Reporting Requirements
- Related companies: Capital Group Crowley Hercules
Comments on US Govt’s Burma Responsible Investment Reporting Requirements following first company disclosures
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
…In July 2013, the first five reports were submitted pursuant to the [Responsible Investment Reporting] Requirements. In response, civil society groups issued comments that include criticisms of the company reports and the requirements themselves...
Crowley did not respond to: Vale Columbia Center, EarthRights Intl. comment on US Govt.'s "Burma Responsible Investment Reporting Requirements" & first company disclosures submitted under requirements.
- Related in-depth areas: US Govt’s Burma Responsible Investment Reporting Requirements - reports, comments, guidelines & company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Crowley
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing summarises major business and human rights developments in Myanmar (Burma) from November 2010, when the country held its first elections after 20 years and pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi was released from house arrest, to the...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches briefing on Myanmar
- Related companies: Crowley Hercules
Author: US Embassy in Burma
The United States supports the ongoing reform efforts in Burma, and believes that the participation of U.S. businesses in that country’s economy can be a model for responsible investment and business operations, supporting further positive change,...
- Related stories: Myanmar: US Embassy makes public first 5 responsible investment reports pursuant to Office of Foreign Assets Control’s requirements
- Related companies: Crowley