Related stories and components
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Preah Vihear land dispute villagers to be released", 26 April 2019...
- Related companies: Metrey Pheap Agro-industry Co., Ltd.
Author: Human Rights Watch, groundWork, Centre for Environmental Rights & Earthjustice
"“We Know Our Lives Are in Danger”: Environment of Fear in South Africa’s Mining-Affected Communities", 16 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Eskom Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Mineral Resource Commodities (see Mineral Commodities) Transworld Energy and Mineral Resources Turquoise Hill Resources
Author: Hans Thoolen
"Two women human rights defenders in the Philippines honored with international awards", 16 Apr 2019...
Peru: Fuerabamba communities reach agreement with Govt over negative impacts of Chinese mining project Las Bambas
Author: Peru Support Group
“Deal announced over Las Bambas” 08 April, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Author: Migrant Rights
"Kuwait begins 'massive' deportation campaign", 3rd April 2019...
China: Reporters Without Borders calls for release of three journalists investigating workers conditions
Author: Reporters Without Borders
"China: RSF calls for release of three journalists investigating workers conditions", 27 Mar 2019...
- Related stories: China: About 50 labour activists detained by authorities, 7 criminally detained among which 5 were charged & sentenced
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Peru: Chinese company MMG to declare force majeure on copper from Las Bambas mine amidst weeks-long blockade
Author: Reuters (UK)
"China's MMG to declare force majeure on copper from Peru mine as blockade continues", 26 Mar 2019...
- Related stories: Peru: Following local protests in 2015 against MMG Las Bambas mining project, judicial authorities continued trial against 20 community leaders and peasants
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Minmetals Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Author: Servindi (Perú)
“Entidades internacionales piden detener criminalización en Las Bambas” – 28 de marzo de 2019 Organismos internacionales solicitaron intervención urgente ante la detención arbitraria y la criminalización del presidente de la comunidad campesina de Fue...
Author: PWYP & 17 other organisations
"Prominent human rights defender under serious threats to his life in Equatorial Guinea", 19 March 2019...