Headquarters in South Korea
Author: Simon Billenness, Executive Director of the International Campaign for the Rohingya (USA)
A group of investors and stakeholders has called on energy companies doing business in Myanmar/Burma to reassess their dealings in light of that country’s brutal military crackdown on its ethnic Rohingya minority... [L]etters signed by 31 investor...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing and urged to voice concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Total Woodside
“Excluyen a Petrochina del Fondo de Pensiones de Noruega por riesgos de corrupción” – 26 de mayo de 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Bharat Electrical China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Daewoo Group Duke Energy Eni Finmeccanica Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Norilsk Nickel PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Posco Rio Tinto Saipem Volcán, Compañía Minera
Author: Lee Jin-a, Korea Times
Korean shipyards have reached preliminary deals with Iranian shipping and oil companies for orders estimated at $2.4 billion, the Wall Street Journal said Tuesday....
« Norvège: retrait du fonds souverain de 73 entreprises dont il jugeait l'impact social ou environnemental néfaste », 4 février 2016...
With external research provided by Sustainalytics, Wespath identified 39 companies for exclusion from its portfolios under its Human Rights Guideline.
Author: Shannon K. O'Neil, Council on Foreign Relations
On April 24, 2013, the Rana Plaza factory...collapsed in Dhaka, Bangladesh...Rana Plaza highlights both the best and the worst of what globalization and global supply chains bring to developing countries...This trade has helped fundamentally change...
- Related stories: Bangladesh safety accord unveils its website - provides information on factory's infrastructure & workers Bangladesh: Four months on, families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse still waiting for adequate compensation Bangladesh: Survivors and families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse began receiving compensation Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Benetton Daewoo Group Gap H&M Inditex J.C. Penney Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: OECD Watch
"OECD Watch Quarterly Case Update", Jun 2015...
Myanmar: Rakhine state villagers oppoose coal-fired power plant due to environmental & health concerns
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Villagers Voice Opposition to Coal-Fired Power Plant in Western Myanmar", 6 May 2015...
- Related companies: Daewoo Group