Daewoo International (part of Posco)
Headquarters in South Korea
Daewoo Group broke up during 1999-2002 into a number of companies, including Daewoo International. Please see also our separate sections on GM Daewoo Auto & Technology, Daewoo Electronics and Daewoo Group, each of which is separate from Daewoo International.
The 40-page publication...documents how the Norwegian Pension Fund-Global (Fund) has USD $4.7 billion invested in 15 oil and gas companies from eight countries operating in Burma. The report finds these companies complicit in abuses such as forced...
- Related stories: EarthRights says Norway "complicit" in human rights abuses in Burma through its investment in oil firms operating there
- Related in-depth areas: EarthRights report on Norwegian Govt. investments in companies active in Burma - Company responses
- Related companies: Chevron CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Essar Group GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Hyundai Group KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Kunlun Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Posco PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Total Transocean
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor
APG Asset Management…has detailed the 19 companies it excludes from its portfolio – as well as outlining its plans to develop a formal environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy...During the year APG made investments in…energy saving...
- Related companies: Aerostar International (part of Raven Industries) Alliant Techsystems APG BP Daewoo International (part of Posco) General Dynamics Goodrich Hanwha L-3 Communications Larsen & Toubro Lockheed Martin NORINCO (China North Industries) Poongsan Raytheon Shell Tata Group Textron Total Vedanta Resources
Author: Nicky Black, University of Waikato
From 2006 to 2009, Nicky Black studied corporate citizenship in the oil and gas sector in Myanmar…The resulting PhD thesis, ‘Blood Money. A Grounded Theory of Corporate Citizenship’...describes the drivers for more ‘responsible’ corporate engagement...
- Related in-depth areas: Academic Myanmar
- Related companies: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Essar Group GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nippon Oil Nobel Oil (Russia) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas Premier Oil PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Sinopec Sputnik Petroleum Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
On Food Speculation, UN's Expert Says Nothing's Being Done, S. Korean Land Grabs from Madagascar to Sudan, Brazil on Ethanol
Author: Matthew Russell Lee, Inner City Press [USA]
After many speeches at the UN about the need to crack down on financial speculation in food, nothing has been done, the UN's expert on the right to food [Olivier de Schutter] told Inner City Press on Wednesday... De Schutter spoke about the...
[PDF] Total Impact: The Human Rights, Environmental, and Financial Impacts of Total and Chevron's Yadana Gas Project in Military-Ruled Burma (Myanmar)
Author: EarthRights International
...[New] evidence collected through 2009 attests to the on-going violent abuses committed by the Burma Army providing security for the companies [Chevron and Total] and the [Yadana] project... [This] report further documents the Burma Army's role in...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related in-depth areas: Disclosure/use of payments to governments - an introduction
- Related companies: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Daewoo International (part of Posco) DBS Bank GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) OCBC Bank ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
[PDF] A Governance Gap: The Failure of the Korean Government to hold Korean Corporations Accountable to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises Regarding Violations in Burma
Author: EarthRights International (ERI) and the Shwe Gas Movement (SGM)
In late 2008, representatives from EarthRights International (ERI) and the Shwe Gas Movement (SGM) traveled to Seoul, Korea to file a 48-page Korean-language complaint with the Government of Korea regarding violations of the Guidelines by Daewoo and...
Author: Hannah Beech, Time
In return for oil, natural gas, timber, hydropower, gemstones, cash crops and a periodic table's worth of minerals, countries like China, India, Thailand, Malaysia and South Korea are propping up — and massively enriching — Burma's top brass. [refers...
Author: OECD Watch
[Overview of pending cases and recently concluded/ rejected cases brought under the OECD Guidelines, including:...
- Related companies: Afrimex Anglo American BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Daewoo International (part of Posco) Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Eni GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Hess Corporation ING KBC KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil Shell Statoil Total Unocal (part of Chevron) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Burma's military government has signed a deal with a consortium of four foreign firms...South Korea's Daewoo and Korea Gas Corporation, and India's ONGC Videsh and GAIL... to pipe natural gas into neighbouring China...The deal...also involves...