Headquarters in USA
Darden Restaurants website: www.darden.com
USA: Companies furlough & layoff thousands of workers while continuing to reward shareholders in dividends during pandemic
Author: Peter Whoriskey, Washington Post
"U.S. companies cut thousands of workers while continuing to reward shareholders during pandemic", 5 May 2020...
Author: Irene Jiang, Business Insider
From Walmart to Burger King's parent company, these 14 retail companies are changing their benefits policies amid the coronavirus pandemic, 16 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Arby's (joint venture Roark Capital & Wendy's) Buffalo Wild Wings Burger King Darden Restaurants DoorDash Instacart KFC (part of YUM!) Lowe's Postmates Starbucks Target Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart
Author: Deena Shanker, Bloomberg
Darden Restaurants Inc., the operator of Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse and other restaurants, announced Monday that the company is providing paid sick leave to all hourly workers who are not currently covered by a policy. The announcement comes as...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Darden Restaurants
Agricultural commodity issues represent fundamental constraints on supply chain security and consumer acceptability in the context of growing demand...Engage the Chain overviews the environmental and social risks and impacts of 8 commonly sourced agri...
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Campbell Soup Coca-Cola Costco Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dr Pepper Snapple Group General Mills Hershey Hormel International Paper Kellogg Kraft Heinz McDonald's Molson Coors Mondelēz International PepsiCo Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Reckitt Benckiser SJM Starbucks Tyson Walmart Wendy's WestRock YUM!
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Thailand: Investigation finds enslaved migrants & children in shrimp processing factories supplying US & European markets
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Author: Richard Marosi, Los Angeles Times (USA)
Mexico Hardship on Mexico's farms, a bounty for U.S. tables 08 Dec 14...
Author: Jason Garcia & Sandra Pedicini, Orlando Sentinel (USA)
Some of Florida's biggest and most influential businesses...including Walt Disney World and Darden Restaurants...threw their weight behind long-stalled legislation to prohibit discrimination against gay, bisexual and transgender Floridians. The...
On human rights day, investors affirm responsibility of business to safeguard human rights in global supply chains
Author: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
In commemoration of Human Rights Day 2013, today members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, a coalition of faith-based and socially responsible investors, announced that they would begin a month-long campaign in January to urge...
- Related stories: USA: Social investors to run month-long campaign in January calling on 15 firms in food, hospitality sectors to tackle trafficking, forced labour in supply chains
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Choice Hotels ConAgra Costco Darden Restaurants Delta Air Lines Hyatt Kroger Mondelēz International Southwest Airlines Starwood Hotels Target US Airways