Headquarters in United Kingdom
In September 2019, brands who are members of the ACT living wage initiative adopted a joint due diligence framework to ensure their purchasing practices facilitate the payment of a living wage, as set out in the ACT Memorandum of Understanding. Accord...
Better Buying releases 2019 index report, based on supplier evaluations of textile companies' purchasing practices
Author: Better Buying
"Better Buying Index Report, 2019", 3 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas AMES Australasia Bass Pro Shops Benetton Bestseller Blancheporte Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Burberry Carrefour Cato Celio Sourcing Ltd Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Debenhams Destination Maternity Edinburgh Woollen Mill Eileen Fisher Expresso Fashion Fashion Pool GmbH Frankonia Handels GmbH & Co. KG G-Star Raw Helly Hansen HEMA Hobbs Hugo Boss J.Crew John Lewis Partnership JP Boden & Co Just Brands Karen Millen Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kroger Levi Strauss LPP Spółka Akcyjna Mammut Sports Group Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op Nike No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom O'Neill Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Rapha Racing Reiss Rohan Schijvens Confectiefabriek Hilvarenbeek B.V. Seasalt Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Suitsupply Talbots Target Tesco The Iconic The White Company TJX Uber A/S Under Armour Vetta VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates WE Fashion Whistles White Stuff Wilson
Romania: Price pressure following Brexit threatens to worsen working conditions in garment industry, report finds
Author: Laura Stefanut, BalkanInsight
"Brexit Blues for Romania’s Embattled Garment Industry", 2 July 2018...
In June 2018, the UK's Environmental Audit Committee launched an investigation into the social and environmental impact of disposable ‘fast fashion’ and the wider clothing industry. ...
Suppliers evaluate textile companies' responsible purchasing practices in Better Buying Purchasing Practices Index Report
Author: Better Buying
Better Buying Index Report Spring 2018, 22 May 2018...
- Related companies: 360 Sweater Company Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry C&A Canada Pooch Cato Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Children's Place Debenhams Destination Maternity Dimensions (part of Tailored Brands) Edinburgh Woollen Mill Fashion Pool GmbH Fenix Group Gap Giorgio Armani Hakro Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Helly Hansen Hobbs House of Fraser Inditex J. Crew J.C. Penney JP Boden & Co Karen Millen Kate Spade & Company Kohl's L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Macy's Mammut Sports Group Mark's/L'Équipeur Work Wearhouse (part of Canadian Tire) Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Pretty Green PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Rapha Racing Reiss Sainsbury's Sportsgirl Strategic Partners Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Talbots Target Tesco The White Company Tommy Bahama Group Uber A/S Urban Outfitters VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates Walmart Whistles White Stuff
M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, Next & Sainsbury’s among UK retailers yet to renew safety deal in Bangladesh factories
Author: Sarah Butler, The Guardian (UK)
Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Debenhams, Next and Sainsbury’s are among a group of British retailers yet to join international rivals in renewing their commitment to a factory safety deal in Bangladesh....
India: Investigation by the Guardian finds workers confined in factories supplying Hugo Boss & major UK brands
Author: Peter Bengsten, The Guardian
"Workers held captive in Indian mills supplying Hugo Boss", 4 Jan 2018...
Cambodia: Brands support higher minimum wages for garment industry; smaller companies fear profit loss
Author: Robin Spiess, The Phnom Penh Post
"Garment sector torn over wage hike", 2 November 2017...
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This particular briefing draws on CORE’s and BHRRC’s analysis of 83 slavery and human trafficking statements in February 2016, BHRRC’s October 2016 review of FTSE 100 company reports; and Ergon Associates’ research on company statements up to May 20...
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Investment Management Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt