Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.)
Headquarters in Botswana
Debswana website: www.debswana.com
Botswana: Debswana Diamond says its Sustainability Resource Centre will help achieve zero harm across its operations
Author: Daniel Gleeson, International Mining (UK)
‘Debswana looks to hit zero harm goal with Sustainability Resource Centre’ 23 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.)
Botswana: NGOs say De Beers, govt. and ruling party in "opaque" dealings that fuel tax evasion by the conglomerate - includes company responce
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), Southern Africa Resource Watch (SARW), and the African Network of Centers for Investigative Reporting (ANCIR) produced a research report; "Botswana's Diamond Deception). The report says critical...
Author: De Beers group
De Beers Group publishes detailed financial information about Debswana both at the full year and half year via Anglo American plc, De Beers’ parent company. This includes production volume (split by mine), price per carat, unit cost...available on...
- Related stories: Botswana: NGOs say De Beers, govt. and ruling party in "opaque" dealings that fuel tax evasion by the conglomerate - includes company response
- This is a response from the following companies: De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.)
Author: Laure Broulard, RFI
"Marché du diamant: quelles retombées économiques pour les pays africains?", 29 juin 2016...
Author: Tendayi Mugabe, Herald (Zimbabwe)
Government has formally informed diamond companies in Marange that only one or two..will be left to mine, after they failed to properly account for revenue...from their operations...The remaining...firms will operate as joint ventures with Government....
- Related companies: Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Marange Resources (part of Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: Clara Ferreira-Marques, Reuters
[T]his week's sight is De Beers' last in London. From now on, the action will be in Gaborone…capital of Botswana…The 2011 decision to move…will shift more than $6 billion of annual rough diamond sales from an international financial center to a...
- Related companies: De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Kemet Tiffany
Author: Lauren McMenemy, Guardian Sustainable Business [UK]
Despite the important role the products of mining play in helping us live our everyday lives, the industry's impact on the environment and local communities is often far from positive. So what is the industry doing to make it better? Guardian...
- Related stories: Guardian hosts live panel discussion on responsible mining (13 Dec, 2-4pm GMT)
- Related in-depth areas: Mining
- Related companies: De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.)
Author: Business Action for Africa & Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School
...Business Action for Africa’s 2010 Report...examines how business-driven partnerships are addressing Africa’s development challenges in new and innovative ways… creating new frontiers for sustainable development and growth on the continent...the...
- Related stories: Report examines role of business-driven partnerships in addressing sustainable development in Africa - includes case studies
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Allianz Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Bharti Airtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Chevron Coca-Cola Danone De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Diamond Trading Company (part of De Beers) ExxonMobil Guinness (part of Diageo) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mars Nestlé Pfizer SABMiller Shell Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Syngenta Total Unilever Vodafone Zain