Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Member of UN Global Compact
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu website: http://www.deloitte.com
Author: Rajeev Syal, Simon Bowers & Patrick Wintour, Guardian [UK]
The so-called "big four" accountancy firms are using knowledge gained from staff seconded to the Treasury to help wealthy clients avoid paying UK taxes, a report by the influential Commons public accounts committee says. Deloitte, Ernst & Young,...
Author: David Herbling, Daily Nation [Kenya]
More than a third of the companies listed at the Nairobi bourse do not have women directors as State-owned firms outperformed private companies on boardroom gender equality, a study by Kenya Institute of Management has found. The study says 34 per...
Author: Leon Kaye, Guardian Sustainable Business (UK)
The Gulf…states[']…enormous wealth…comes at a high cost for children. Pollution soils the environment [and] dependence on the automobile has had an impact on health…Businesses…have stepped in and…found opportunities to engage in community programmes...
Author: Chen Xin, China Daily
China's top trade union organization will prioritize setting up unions in all overseas-funded businesses that have been operating in the country for more than five years, particularly the world's four-biggest audit firms…Of the roughly 200,000 foreign...
Author: Prem Sikka, Professor of Accounting at Univ. of Essex in Guardian [UK]
The key policy is that from April 2013, potential suppliers to central government for contracts of £2m or more will have to declare whether they indulged in tax avoidance…The policy is high on gimmicks and empty gestures, and short on substance. The...
- Related stories: UK Govt. to exclude companies found guilty of aggressive tax avoidance from bidding for major govt. contracts
- Related in-depth areas: UK corporate tax avoidance - 2012-2013
- Related companies: Barclays BNY Mellon Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young KPMG Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) PricewaterhouseCoopers
Author: Editorial, HR Magazine [UK]
Lesbian, gay and bisexual charity, Stonewall has released its annual list of Top 100 'gay-friendly' employers in the UK. [Refers to Accenture, Gentoo Group, The Co-operative, Ernst & Young, Barclays, IBM, Simmons & Simmons, Metropolitan,...
- Related stories: Accenture named most "gay-friendly" employer in the UK by charity's Workplace Equality Index
- Related companies: Aviva Baker & McKenzie Barclays Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) IBM JPMorgan Chase KPMG Lloyds TSB Morgan Stanley PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Royal Bank of Scotland
[PDF] What's Needed: An Overview of Multi-Stakeholder and Industry Activities to Achieve Conflict-Free Minerals
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
[Refers to Advanced Micro Devices (ADM), AIM Metals & Alloys, Alpha, American Mitsuba, AngloGold Ashanti, Apple, Asahi Pretec, AT&T, AVX, Banro, Best Buy, Boeing, BorgWarner, Cartier (part of Richemont), Chrysler, Cisco, Dell, Deloitte, Delphi...
- Related stories: Report finds information & communication industry makes progress eliminating conflict minerals from supply chain while other industries remain behind
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices Alpha Natural Resources AngloGold Ashanti Apple AT&T AVX Banro Best Buy BlackBerry Boeing BorgWarner Bosch Cartier (part of Richemont) Chrysler Cisco Systems Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Denso Dollar General Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg Gécamines General Electric General Motors Google Home Depot Hon Hai Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hunan Nonferrous Metals Group Intel J.C. Penney Kemet Lockheed Martin Lowe's Malaysia Smelting Medtronic Metalor Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Motorola Solutions Nissan Nokia Panasonic PricewaterhouseCoopers Richemont Royal Philips Electronics Sandvik Sears Signet Sony Target Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines) Tiffany Toshiba Toyota Traxys ULBA Verizon Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Yazaki
Author: UN Global Compact, UNICEF, Save the Children
Both as a vulnerable group, but also as important change agents and our future, children are a key stakeholder of businesses. It is in everyone’s interest that their well being is ensured, and that the world they grow up in will be a sustainable one....