Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Members of the Herero tribe in Namibia sued Deutsche Bank and Woermann Line (doing business as Deutsche Afrika-Linien GmbH & Company) in US court in 2001 seeking reparations for genocide. The same plaintiffs brought a separate action in the same...
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Statoil Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Author: South African Press Association
[lawsuit in U.S. court against companies for past conduct in South Africa] - A non-governmental organisation has filed a lawsuit against 21 multinational corporations and leading international banks for helping prop up the apartheid state...The...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) NGO sues firms for 'propping up apartheid'
- Related companies: Allianz Barclays BP Caltex Citigroup Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) ExxonMobil Fluor Ford General Motors IBM JPMorgan Chase Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Shell UBS
Doing the rights thing: Matthew Grenier, an independent consultant, examines the current state of company reporting on human rights
Author: Matthew Grenier, in Human Rights & Business Matters, Amnesty International UK Business Group Newsletter no. 6
When it comes to reporting human rights issues, however, the picture is even bleaker.
Author: Norbert Walter, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Group, in New York Times / International Herald Tribune
...at this very moment the most powerful country in the world stands to forfeit much political capital, moral authority and international goodwill by dragging its feet on the next great global issue: the environment.
- Related companies: Deutsche Bank
Author: Nicol Degli Innocenti, Financial Times
Royal Dutch/Shell, the oil company, is to be cited in a multi-billion-dollar class action lawsuit brought by a team of lawyers on behalf of the victims of South Africa's apartheid regime, a lawyer said on Friday...Shell, which is accused of supplying...
Author: World Economic Forum
Corporate leaders have an obligation as global citizens to play a larger role on the world stage, but they need to understand that this role requires them to perform a difficult - and sometimes thankless - balancing act. [panel including CEOs of...
Author: UN Integrated Regional Information Network
Lawyers representing the Chief Hosea Kutako Foundation [which claims a combined US $2 billion in reparations from Deutsche Bank and Woermann Line (now known as SAFmarine)] have temporarily withdrawn a legal claim for reparations against a German...
Author: sponsored section, International Herald Tribune and World Business Council for Sustainable Development
In 1997, Deutsche Bank set up its Microcredit Development Fund as a way of providing professional banking experience to microcredit institutions seeking loans from commercial banks.
- Related stories: Business & The Rio Decade: The Business Connection in Sustainable Livelihoods
- Related companies: Deutsche Bank