Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Author: Miriam Schröder, taz
[Am] 5. November 2015 [bricht] der Staudamm in der Nähe des brasilianischen Mariana... ...
- Related companies: Deutsche Bank
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
Author: Belga, Sudinfo
« Les banques belges impliquées dans des projets miniers controversés » 20 mars 2018 Des banques belges sont impliquées dans des projets miniers et énergétiques controversés en Amérique du Sud, selon un rapport rendu public mardi par l’ONG flamande Br...
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Group Australia
Indigenous women call on European financial institutions to divest from fossil fuel projects due to threats to indigenous rights & sovereignty
Author: Kim Maida, Cultural Survival
"Divest, invest, protect: Indigenous women lead divestment campaign," February 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: USA: Human rights concerns regarding Dakota Access Pipeline
- Related companies: Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank DnB NOR
EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
A World Court for Corporations: How the EU Plans to Entrench and Institutionalize Investor-State Dispute Settlement
Author: CIEL, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, & Seattle to Brussels Network
...The European Commission...[has proposed]..a multilateral mechanism for investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS)--referred to by the Commission as a Multilateral Investment Court...The proposed global investor court threatens to lock in the highly...
- Related stories: EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: Chevron Deutsche Bank Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) IBM Newcrest Vodafone
Boston Common Asset Management & investor coalition call on world's largest banks to release more robust climate-related disclosure
Author: Lauren Compere, Huffington Post
"Making climate change banks' business", 19 September 2017...