Dick's Sporting Goods
CEOs & corporations expected to increasingly quickly figure out where they stand on issues of the day
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, New York Times (USA)
"Our Newest Culture Warriors: Activist C.E.O.s," 2 Mar 2018...
Dick's Sporting Goods co. statement turns a page in CEO activism by making explicit call for gun legislation
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
"Dick’s Sporting Goods took a stand on gun sales — and made a big statement," 06 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Dick's Sporting Goods Medtronic
Author: Brandon Carter, The Hill
L.L. Bean announced Thursday it will no longer sell guns or ammunition to anyone under 21 years of age. The Maine-based outdoors company posted the announcement to its Twitter account in a response to a customer who asked the company to no longer sell...
Author: Frankfurter Allgemeine
Während Amerikas Politiker nach dem High-School-Attentat von Parkland über schärfere Waffengesetze debattieren, ergreifen mehrere Unternehmen nun selbst die Initiative......
- Related stories: USA: Firmen distanzieren sich von der Waffenlobby nach Schießerei an Schule in Florida, bei der 17 Menschen starben
- Related companies: Dick's Sporting Goods Walmart
Author: Chris Isidore, CNN Money
Dick's Sporting Goods, the nation's largest sporting goods retailer, will stop selling assault-style weapons like the one used in the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting. The company said it will also raise the minimum age for all gun sales to 21....