Dick's Sporting Goods
USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
The Business Must Act Coalition, comprised of 26 civil society groups, believes that American businesses have a civic responsibility to keep their customers and employees safe from gun violence in the absence of US government action on gun reform. In...
Author: Airbnb, Bloomberg LP, Gap & 142 other companies
Every day, 100 Americans are shot and killed and hundreds more are wounded... This is a public health crisis that demands urgent action... As leaders of some of America's most respected companies and those with significant business interests in the...
- Related stories: USA: Walmart to discontinue handgun ammunition sales following civil society pressure after El Paso attack
- Related companies: Y Combinator Airbnb Airkit (formerly known as Ruist) Alleycorp Amalgamated Bank Ambition Ariel Investments Artsy Ascend Aspiration Aura Backpack Bad Robot Bain Capital Beeswax Begin Betaworks Beyond Meat Bloomberg Bonusly Brat Brookfield Property Group Brud Cambly Catch&Release Cerebras Systems Circle Medical Classpass Clearbit Clever Clockwise Color Genomics Condé Nast Credit Karma Crunchbase Curalate Curtsy DAILYLOOK Dick's Sporting Goods DoorDash Doxel Drum Technologies Ecolab Edelman Elektra Emerson Collective Farmstead Full Picture Fundera Gap GOAT Group Golden Group Nine Media Guru Sportswear Havas Hint HipDot Hooked Horizon Media humbition Impossible Foods Interpublic Group JOOR Jumbo Kabbage Kadena Kanga Knowable Lattice Levi Strauss Lyft MetaProp.vc Modern Fertility Mongo DB Neighborland NewsCred NowThis Nurx Oaktree Capital Management Oceans OfferUp Okta Omnicom Openpath Parabol Paravision Pinterest Plato Design Postmates Presto Prima Prologis Publicis Quartzy Reddit Ribbon Health Ro Roofstock Royal Caribbean Cruises RXR Realty SelfMade Small Door Veterinary SmartAsset Snapdocs Solve Splash Square Squarespace Standard Bots Stanlee R. Gatti Designs Sundia Sunlight Health Superplastic Survey Monkey SV Angel ThirdLove thisopenspace Thrive Capital Thrive Global ThunderCore TOMS Twilio Twitter Uber Uniform Teeth Viosera Therapeutics Virtual Kitchen Voxer Watsi Whalar Wizeline WPP x.ai Yelp Zola
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases
Author: Andrew Ross Sorkin, The New York Times
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases...
Author: Sara Weinstein & Sarah Gwilliam, Civic Nation in Forbes (USA)
"More Businesses Are Encouraging Voting. Here's How You Can, Too.", 26 Sep 2018...
CEOs & corporations expected to increasingly quickly figure out where they stand on issues of the day
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, New York Times (USA)
"Our Newest Culture Warriors: Activist C.E.O.s," 2 Mar 2018...
Dick's Sporting Goods co. statement turns a page in CEO activism by making explicit call for gun legislation
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
"Dick’s Sporting Goods took a stand on gun sales — and made a big statement," 06 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Dick's Sporting Goods Medtronic
Author: Brandon Carter, The Hill
L.L. Bean announced Thursday it will no longer sell guns or ammunition to anyone under 21 years of age. The Maine-based outdoors company posted the announcement to its Twitter account in a response to a customer who asked the company to no longer sell...
Author: Frankfurter Allgemeine
Während Amerikas Politiker nach dem High-School-Attentat von Parkland über schärfere Waffengesetze debattieren, ergreifen mehrere Unternehmen nun selbst die Initiative......
- Related stories: USA: Firmen distanzieren sich von der Waffenlobby nach Schießerei an Schule in Florida, bei der 17 Menschen starben
- Related companies: Dick's Sporting Goods Walmart