Disney (see Walt Disney)
Headquarters in USA
China Labor Watch has released a report based on research into four Chinese toy factories that supply Hasbro, Disney, Mattel and Lego, as well as German makers Simba Dickie Group, Schleich and Ravensburger. The findings reveal:...
New venture fund launched to invest in innovative solutions promoting transparency & responsible supply chains
U.S. based foundation Humanity United has partnered with leading brands, foundations, and impact investors to launch a $23 million venture fund aimed at leveraging innovative technology solutions to promote responsible supply chains. Working Capital...
Disney & Walmart among co's partnering with UK Govt. to invest in new technologies to tackle supply chain slavery
Author: Umberto Bacchi, Thomas Reuters Foundation
A $23 million venture fund aiming to tackle the threat of forced labour in big businesses with the help of tech startups was launched on Tuesday, backed by brands from Disney to Walmart....
- Related stories: New venture fund launched to invest in innovative solutions promoting transparency & responsible supply chains
- Related companies: C&A Disney (see Walt Disney) Walmart Walt Disney
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
An internal carbon price is increasingly being used by companies across sectors and geographies to translate the risks and opportunities of a low-carbon economy into business decisions. Approximately 1,200 businesses from around the world are either...
Author: Matthew Renda, Courthouse News Services
"With Government Silent, Corporations Price Emissions to Help Fight Climate Change", 13 September 2017...
- Related stories: Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BP Disney (see Walt Disney) General Motors Microsoft Rio Tinto Shell Unilever
Author: Claus Hulverscheidt, Süddeutsche
"Wie die US-Wirtschaftsbosse für den Klimaschutz kämpfen", 2 Juni 2017...